Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: SERT map NFG?  (Read 1492 times)

Bungy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Keep your stick on the ice
    • AB

• CVO1: '08 SEUC annie
SERT map NFG?
« on: March 11, 2006, 11:09:27 AM »

Recently upgraded to software version 4.5.2 so I could play w/ the decell tables to try & eliminate some decll popping I have. After a 2 month wait to get my map f/ the tuner (long story), I decremented the decell #'s 50% across the board (as per Syclone), didn't touch anything else. Tried to download to ECM & got an error message "Programming file incorrect for ECM". WTF. Tried to download original map (w/o decell adjustments), same message. Called my tuner, he doesn't have a clue (he's a good tuner, just not too swift on the computer). Oddly enough, when I do a 'get ECM info' it comes back w/ the same file name as the one I'm trying to load. Anybody got any ideas?
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Re: SERT map NFG?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 07:22:47 PM »

First Thing I would like to know is what is the file name and its extension your trying to load originally ...

I bet it is  somefile.mt5  (The key here is the MT5) it is the extension.  If this is the case that is your problem.   With version 4.50 and 4.5.2 the files were changed to  somefile.mt6    The base map you have will need to be converted to the lastest MT6 format to be usuable by the software you have.  

I am going to go out on a limb and say that this is probably 90 percent of your issue.   Another problem could be that you have the ignition on, but do not have the Run in the on position on your right handlebar.   This is a must not an option.

If you need more help email me and I will email you back my phone number to help you out.

-harry
cvoseeg@bellsouth.net
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Bungy

• Senior CVO Member
    • AB

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2006, 08:27:11 PM »

Harry:

It is an .mt6 file, that was part of the reason why I had to wait 2 mos to get my map, they were busy converting all their files from .mt5. The run switch was on, I wouldn't be able to do a 'get ECM info' if it was off (or would I ?).

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2006, 01:14:29 AM »

Bungy,

If the bike was not in the run position you would not get the ecm information.  What you can do incase the mt6 file got corrupt some how is take and open a new mt6 like the 127LL005.

This is one of the times where you wish you could see what is going on :).   If you want to give it another go let me know what happens.   Incase your feeling adventurous I have outlined below how copy what you have in the map you are having issues with to a new map.

I am also curious what the exact error is that your getting when your trying to load the file.  
Have you ever seen someone tune your bike with the black box you have ?   Just to be sure you have the correct black box?

First off rename the file to whatever you would like to call it and then leave it alone.

now go open a 2nd version of the race tuner software.   Load the mt6 file that your not able to load now.

next go to the bottom of your screen where the blue bar is and right click with your mouse and tile horizontally or vertically which ever you prefer.

Now your going to have to open the mt6 file that is possibly corrupt first and go to table selection.   now with your mouse highlight that entire set of boxes not just the first one but all of them.  then go to the pull down menu under the word edit and click on copy with all the files highlighted (shortcut is to use ctrl C for copy and Ctrl V for paste)  

Now go to your LL127  map and go to the same menu page in this case Air Fuel is the first one and click on the all the boxes or just the first one and paste from your original file  now if you click on only the first one to do the paste you have to be sure that your map has all the same RPM's etc   like down to 7500 or 7000 etc ....

Now you have to do this for every single menu page, so make sure as your clicking back and forth that you have the same pages on both instances of your tuning software.

-harry
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Bungy

• Senior CVO Member
    • AB

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2006, 01:41:51 PM »

Harry;

So in other words just create a new map w/ all the same info as the old one. Actually I had thought about doing that, I was hoping I was/wasn't doing something simple before I dived in. Thanks for your help, I'll let you know how it turns out.

Steve

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2006, 06:31:35 PM »

Bungy,

Based on what your saying I do not see you doing anything wrong unless they built the map they gave you for a 2001 - 2004   vs. a map for a 2005-2006 bike.  By this i mean you own an 05 / 06 bike and they gave you a map for a 01-04 bike or vice versa.  This is the only other thing I could think of that might be wrong and if that is the case pick the right 05/06 map rebuild it with the changes from the one they gave you.   Also make sure the com port isnt having any conflicts in device manager under system.

If I were you I would try and load another base map for my year bike just to see that I can load one just be sure you can go back to where you were :)

-harry

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 23 queries.