Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: FED AGENT BOOKED FOR HIT & RUN  (Read 6192 times)

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • Live to plumb/plumb to ride
FED AGENT BOOKED FOR HIT & RUN
« on: April 06, 2006, 09:31:24 PM »

From the Boston Herald 04-06-06
An enforment officer for the U.S. Department of Commerce is facing attempted murder charges in connection with a hit-and-run road rage incident in South Boston that left a motorcyclist critically injured. Thomas Porro, 34, of South Boston, was arrested, cash bail set for $10,000. According to witness Porro driving a Silver 2004 Nissan (offical government vehicle) ran Mr. Frank Merlonghi and his 2003 Harley Davidson off Summer St. and into then center island, police say the vehilce has gone missing,and are attempting to locate said vehilce. To date (Porro) has not provided accurate information as to the vehicles location.
 Police are also checking into witness accounts that Porro threatened Merlonghi, 45, with a hand gun during the moving argument that led to Merlonghi being hospitalized with two fractured legs, and several busted ribs.

04 SEEG / 05 1200 C / 99 FLSTC / 70 TRIUMPH TROPHY
 ** IT'S A PASSION** NOT A HOBBY**

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
Re: FED AGENT BOOKED FOR HIT & RUN
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 09:13:02 AM »

Watch out for the G-Man [smiley=nervous.gif]He may go "Postal" on you. That sucks for Mr. Merlonghi wonder what he might have done to piss off the fed.
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2006, 12:55:07 PM »

Watch out for the G-Man [smiley=nervous.gif]He may go "Postal" on you. That sucks for Mr. Merlonghi [highlight]wonder what he might have done to piss off the fed[/highlight].
Wouldn't take much, BigD.......when you're out riding the roads on a good looking/sounding scooter and others are having to ride around in their gov't. vehicles with no class.  :( >:( har!  [smiley=drink.gif] spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2006, 01:39:50 PM »

Damn shame it's our tax dollars that are paying this person. :o Along with taking his gun and badge they should take his job, there is no reason for this. >:( To top it all off he was in "government vehicle" I shudder to think what would happen to me if I were to do something like this while driving fire apparatus. [smiley=nervous.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2006, 01:47:19 PM »

Damn shame it's our tax dollars that are paying this person. :o Along with taking his gun and badge they should take his job, there is no reason for this. >:( To top it all off he was in "government vehicle" I shudder to think what would happen to me if I were to do something like this[highlight] while driving fire apparatus.[/highlight] [smiley=nervous.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
Ohhhh, Now that I'm sure would be a lot worse for the poor soul that you pissed off!!
along with a few others to boot. Road Rage is really starting to be a large factor, for riding now, I've seen it countless times over the past few years, don't want to end up like this guy!
Mark  :(

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2006, 01:52:59 PM »

Watch out for the G-Man [smiley=nervous.gif]He may go "Postal" on you. That sucks for Mr. Merlonghi wonder what he might have done to piss off the fed.

Well I'm sure it wasnt anything like hauling his wife out of the car and taking off with her, come on now, federal officer pulling chit like that is bad enough, then to run the guy down in front of witnesses! WTF
Toss that fool into the jailhouse with a Fed Agent sign pinned to him

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2006, 02:02:20 PM »

Totally agree, d00d.  Hopefully he will lose his job after the investigation as he surely doesn't need to be carrying a firearm as part of his duty.  Sounds like another bully with a badge to me.  If they do the right thing, they'll not only take his job, but lock him up so he will not be able to prey on others in the future.  Too bad the other biker didn't take care of the issue at the time......guess he was busy helping his fallen buddy.   :(  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2006, 02:05:08 PM »

Totally agree, d00d.
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2006, 04:12:25 PM »

Totally agree, d00d.

road rage vctm bro

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2006, 12:24:39 PM »

I am the brother of the victim in this story, believe it or not this guy is still out there and from what I understand he is still on the government payroll and still driving.  It sickens me after 6 months, this man made a 5 minute appearance in court and hasn't had to appear since. Thankful, my brother is alive yet pissed to think this Ahole has the chance to strike again when he has a bad day. My brothers life is on hold right now, still out of work, he spends his days attending the numerous doctors, therapy, and surgery appointments.

Mannnnn, can life change in an instant,

What amazes me most is the fact that this man still has a drivers license, and I believe still, his  license to carry his personally owned firearms. how sick, not to mention collecting a free paycheck probablly still with health insurance, and my brother is burdened with the knowledge that his benefits run out in another month.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2006, 12:46:00 PM »

$10,000 bail for attempted murder?  I guess he is above the law.

To the brother......your brother needs to get the media involved in this.  Start a campaign of his own....similar to what they do when it's the other way around.  Get people to start writing letters and making phone calls to the DA, TV and radio stations, newspapers, etc.  Otherwise, it'll be postponned indefinately, till it's pretty much forgotten about by all but your brother, then it'll be a simple plea bargain deal where he does community service work for a couple weeks and he'll be back at it.  You got to take action now.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2006, 03:58:29 PM »

$10,000 bail for attempted murder? [highlight] I guess he is above the law.[/highlight]

To the brother......your brother needs to get the media involved in this.
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

road rage vctm bro

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2006, 05:57:15 PM »

I should have explained further on the car, They do have it, approximately a week after the hit, found in I believe an auto repair shop out of state.  JCZ, the authorities are well aware and have been advised of our intent on continued media coverage. I could write a book about this incident, the media was involved in the beginning  yet it was amazing what little interest this was given. I initially contacted tv news who had little interest, even following a call from the court house the day after the arrest advising the media of the arrest and the fact that he was a government officer. The prosecutor appears very confident. There is a reporter from the Boston Herald who did a story on this incident and discussed the concern of a cover-up as well as the effects of this incident following a phone call from a friend. His name is Peter Gelzinis. I will attempt to find that story written days after the accident and copy it here, it basically summed up the beginning of this very long nightmare as well as my brothers injuries compared to a few fractured bones as the news
and police report indicated. I will try to get that article asap.

road rage vctm bro

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2006, 06:29:21 PM »

here is the article,

G-mans role in road rage puts victims kin on edge By Peter Gelzinis Boston Herald Columnist Friday, April 7, 2006

Last week, the story barely dribbled into public view as road rage involving a car and a motorcycle. All we knew was that the car kept going, and the guy on the motorcycle may have sustained injuries to his arm and leg.

Frank Merlonghi was the guy riding a 2003 Harley-Davidson Fatboy up Summer Street. Nine days later, a machine in the ICU at Boston Medical Center is still pushing air into his bruised and punctured lungs. For his own benefit, the 45-year-old Amtrak worker remains suspended in medically induced limbo. And road rage has now officially been upgraded to attempted murder. As for those injuries, friends describe the right side of Merlonghi's body as shredded flesh and bone, held together with pins and needles. Several ribs are busted and his shattered pelvis will require additional surgery. The trauma to his right side is so severe, the wounds so deep and gaping, tissue and muscle remain exposed. The fear of infection is everything right now,
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 07:06:34 PM by road_rage_vctm_bro »

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2006, 06:43:15 PM »

here is the article, .....
Don't know what happened when you posted, but I tried to decipher and clean it up as best as possible. Here it is again...

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

[highlight]G-mans role in road rage puts victims kin on edge
By Peter Gelzinis Boston Herald Columnist Friday, April 7, 2006

Last week, the story barely dribbled into public view as road rage involving a car and a motorcycle. All we knew was that the car kept going, and the guy on the motorcycle may have sustained injuries to his arm and leg. Road rage G-mans role in road rage puts victims kin on edge Federal agent on leave in alleged biker attack Frank Merlonghi was the guy riding a 2003 Harley-Davidson Fatboy up Summer Street. Nine days later, a machine in the ICU at Boston Medical Center is still pushing air into his bruised and punctured lungs. For his own benefit, the 45-year-old Amtrak worker remains suspended in medically induced limbo. And road rage has now officially been upgraded to attempted murder. As for those injuries, friends describe the right side of Merlonghi
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 21 queries.