Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question about voltage,,  (Read 794 times)

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
Question about voltage,,
« on: August 26, 2011, 09:50:03 PM »

I have an iPhone 4 that I mounted on my bars with a Riders Claw.  I have it wired in with an iPod/IPhone adaptor made by Monster.  I have it connected to a wire by the headlight that wasn't used and it always worked great with my iPod nano. For some reason the iPhone shuts down after about 5 minutes and goes completely off and then reboots back up.  I checked it with an iPhone 3G and it works fine.   I checked all connections and all seems to be fine. Is it shutting down because this phone needs more voltage?   I can run a wire to the switched outlet under the seat.  Is that a better point to connect to?  Maybe less resistance because it's so close to the battery? Any help would be really appreciated.  Thanks.  

mattm

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2
Re: Question about voltage,,
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 11:40:07 PM »

Your iphone only needs 5v @ 500mA max.  It's not a voltage/current issue.  Do you know if your monster ipod/iphone adapter is iphone 4 compatiable?

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
Re: Question about voltage,,
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 05:58:12 AM »

It says "this device is not compatable for iPhone 4".    But it says that on the 3G also.  It plays well while it's on. So   I really didn't pay any attention to that.  That could be my problem I guess.   Think I should look for another adaptor? :nixweiss:

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 22 queries.