Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rusty Wallace Accident  (Read 1034 times)

BobD

• Senior CVO Member
  • '06 FLHTCUSE
Rusty Wallace Accident
« on: August 30, 2006, 06:01:58 PM »

Retired driver Rusty Wallace was involved in a traffic accident. We've all faced the driver preoccupied with their cell phone convrsation. Rusty was lucky to walk away from his accident.

August 29, 2006

CORNELIUS, N.C. (AP)

Former NASCAR champion Rusty Wallace walked away from an accident in which a driver talking on her cell phone ran a stop sign and collided with Wallace's SUV -- then used the occasion to tout the safety of his Dodge Durango.      
``You hear car companies talk about safety a lot,'' the former driver of the No. 2 Dodge said in a statement Tuesday, ``but I can tell you that (wife) Patti and I are both really thankful for the research and development that Dodge puts into the safety of their vehicles.''

A report filed by police in this Charlotte suburb said the crash occurred shortly after 11 p.m. Monday, when a 2004 Mercedes driven by Stacy Earls Greene struck the driver's side door of Wallace's 2006 Dodge. Wallace's wife, Patti, was a passenger in his vehicle; 4-year-old Trey Greene was riding in Stacy Greene's car.

``Driver ... stated she was talking on her cell phone and did not see stop sign on Harborside (Drive), causing her to strike the left side of'' Wallace's truck, officer Marc Fasano wrote.

No one involved in the accident required medical treatment. The 50-year-old Wallace said he and his wife were on their way home after attending an IndyCar Series race and a taping of the ``NASCAR Angels'' television show in California over the weekend; Wallace is an auto racing analyst for ABC and ESPN.

``I've been in a lot of crashes in my time, but that was one of the craziest things I think I've ever experienced,'' Wallace said. ``We really got knocked around there and we're both really sore.''

We will be remembered for all the rules we break.

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
Re: Rusty Wallace Accident
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 07:18:47 PM »

Too bad for Rusty. Would of sucked bad if it had been a Duece instead of a Durango. Stupid bit#*!

UltraPolecat

• Elite CVO Member
  • Good Bye Milk Dud! Hello Black Beauty!

• CVO1: 06 SEUC Black Candy Crimson
Re: Rusty Wallace Accident
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 08:11:40 PM »

Just when is something going to be done about these d^$n cell phones?!!

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 21 queries.