Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hawg Wired Six Pack  (Read 1281 times)

SkunkyGlideShark

Hawg Wired Six Pack
« on: November 21, 2012, 11:04:31 PM »

Hello: I had this system in my Road Glide Custom and loved it. I traded this bike in for Skunk but dealer told me the system could not be transferred to the CVO (ohms different, who knows what else) without additional parts. Is this true? Is anyone running this system in their 12 CVOs? Any additional parts required to make it work? I am also waiting for response from hawg wired but figured I would ask. Thanks

lilcoot

• Elite CVO Member
  • Scaramoosh! Scaramoosh! Can you do the Fandango?

• CVO1: '13 FLTCUSE8
Re: Hawg Wired Six Pack
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 12:29:05 AM »

The six pack includes the amplifier, so it will work for the fairing.  You're replacing the crappy 1 ohm amp that comes stock. 

You won't be able to power the rear speakers, though, they are 1 ohm.  HD probably did this so the system would be proprietary, and it would be a headache to upgrade it.  The stock saddlebag speakers are worthless anyway.  They are all but impossible to hear. 

PM hd_dude and TIF2.  Jim (hd_dude) sells and installs Hawg Wired systems, and TIF2 is a HD sound ninja.  Between the two of them, you'll get the best advice possible,

Good luck!

Dan

SkunkyGlideShark

Re: Hawg Wired Six Pack
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 09:00:48 AM »

That's what I thought. They told me fairing speakers are 1 ohm and would not work. But if swapping the entire fairing system out (speakers, amp) then what is the problem.

Page created in 0.659 seconds with 21 queries.