Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19

Author Topic: Any proud owners want to share pics/reviews?  (Read 56176 times)

CVOgliderider

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2011 CVO Ultra
Re: Any proud owners want to share pics/reviews?
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2013, 08:30:40 PM »

Here are some cell phone pics of mine.  Picked her up Thursday and have put about 380 miles on her. Great bike.  My first impressions are all good.  Coming from an '11 Ultra Limited this is a better bike period in all ways.

Untitled by oneboltzfan, on Flickr

That blue is awesome looking and I would have gone that way too but my 11 was blue/cobalt. I totally agree with you that the 14 bikes are hands down nicer bikes
than the 11's.  :2vrolijk_21:

tlr

• Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2022 SERG
    • CVO2: 2019 SERG, 2015 SESG, 2012 SESG
    • CVO3: 2009 SERG
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2013, 08:49:50 PM »

Bike looks awesome. Anyone have some red pic in the CVO Limited. Want to see if it pops like the Ruby Red/Typhoon did in 12. Thanks

Jerry/MD

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2013, 09:41:10 PM »

Purty!  :2vrolijk_21:

SanJuanRon

• Full CVO Member
  • Way Up High In The Mountains and Down By The Sea!
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2013, 09:48:58 PM »

Quit making comments about how much better the '14 is compared to the '11!!!  Please, stop or I will have to swap out my '11 for a '14.  Tell me more about those leaks.  :)
SJ Ron
2011.5 FLHTCUSE6, Candy Cobalt & Twilight Blue, HCC 14" Apes, V&H 2:1 Pro Pipe Chrome, Stage 1
2009 FLSTN, Tango Orange, Carlini 17" Flying Apes & High Roller Risers/Air Cover, V&H True Dual Pipes/Fishtails, LePera Seat, Stage 1, Chromed
2005 FLSTCI, Vivid Black, Wild 1 18" Psycho Apes, V&H Big Shot Long Pipes, LePera Seat, Stage 1, Chromed, 21/18 Sinister Wheels

CVO Aqua-Glider

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 FLHTKSE

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Ultra Limited
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2013, 06:42:42 PM »

Quit making comments about how much better the '14 is compared to the '11!!!  Please, stop or I will have to swap out my '11 for a '14.  Tell me more about those leaks.  :)
SJ Ron
no leaks here thus far. I have an '11 for sale though.  :)

2014 FLHTKSE Jupiter Blue/Wicked Sapphire

CVOgliderider

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2011 CVO Ultra
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2013, 12:47:36 AM »

I did 425 miles today on the new bike. The Limited did awesome, it handles and rides great and no leaks.. Over 600 miles now
and I am impressed on every ride.  :2vrolijk_21:

AMEDD_SFC

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 CVO Limited
    • TX

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - The Big Red One
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2013, 07:57:26 PM »

I don't have a review per se at this point, but I would like to share my experience with the new CVO.

Rode up to my brother's place in CO on his '85 Sport Glide {FXRT} for Labor Day.  Electrical problems on the way, but managed to limp into town.
What to do?  Didn't want to spend the time wrenching and I sure wasn't going to fly home.  I know, go ahead and pull the trigger on a new bike!   :bananarock:

Walked into the dealer on Labor Day and said I want "that one".  After the initial "Yeah, right" look, we got down to business.  Drove out later that day and commenced breaking her in.  Spent a day putting around CO and NM before heading back to TX.  Hit 500 miles somewhere around Taos and then it was "Yes Sir".  I mean NICE!  :orange:

Taos, NM to San Antonio straight thru.  Best ride ever.  I've ridden them all and I am here to tell you, this bike was made for putting the miles on.

Local dealer hadn't even seen one yet.  Man, it's really fun playing show and tell.

I am amping to get pipes on this girl.  Read on the board about the Fullsac x pipe, etc. (Full credit when I can find the member's post again - great post and sold me on the Fullsacs)  I am really thinking of going this way to preserve the stock CVO look.  Besides, I think the Laser heat shields will look nice and different enough from all the V&H guys.

Anyway, ramble, ramble, ramble - here's a pic....   

The Longhorn is Tumbleweed.  He provides security while we go to the watering hole....

Regards,

M

SFC, USA (RET)

Mark B.
SFC, USA (RET)

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2013, 11:55:24 PM »

Great looking ride!  The bike is nice too!   :2vrolijk_21:
Jesus is Lord

AMEDD_SFC

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 CVO Limited
    • TX

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2013, 12:11:16 AM »

Great looking ride!  The bike is nice too!   :2vrolijk_21:

LOL

Thanks for the post.  Ronnie races on ole' Tumbleweed but seldom wins against the bikes!  Lukenbach is a nice ride through the hill country with live music and cold beverages.

If you are ever in the area tell 'em DaddyB sent ya' and they will give you a beer for full price plus tip.

M

SFC, USA (RET)

Mark B.
SFC, USA (RET)

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2013, 08:24:52 PM »

Great looking bike. You really do need to ride a 2014 Limited to understand how much this bike was improved. Congratulations

AMEDD_SFC

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 CVO Limited
    • TX

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2013, 09:26:40 AM »

Great looking bike. You really do need to ride a 2014 Limited to understand how much this bike was improved. Congratulations

Thanks Scottie.

My new buddy has a brand new Limited with the same color scheme - sans "Dragon Stripes".  The list of things and $$s to get it the way he wants it (like a CVO) keeps growing.  He was doing OK for a while, so he  says, but when he saw my SE he went into depression  :-\.

At least he can shift now after putting on the SE extended shift levers...

I may take the time to compile the differences just to show the "$12k - That's too much" crowd just what a CVO'er gets for the premium price.  My first estimation is that if one bought all of the goodies separately, it would be way more expensive that going "all in" from the start.  The bigger heads and the wheels alone probably go for $7k.

Kind Regards,

M

SFC, USA (RET)

Mark B.
SFC, USA (RET)

hdff

• Iron Butt #54101
  • Full CVO Member
  • Ride hard or go home.........

• CVO1: 2012 flhtcuse7
    • CVO2: 1992 FXSTC
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2013, 04:17:07 PM »

I only have 160 miles on the bike after getting it home last night but my over all first impression is WOW, my last bike, 2011 CVO Ultra Classic, was a great
ride but my 2014 rides better, handles better, is more comfortable, and, and...  It did pee on my garage floor after my first 50 mile ride, but it was a very small
amount that came from the overflow. I checked the coolant level a few hours after it had a chance to cool down and it was right on the cool mark so all I can figure
is it was over filled to begin with. I put another 110 miles on it after that in two trips and it didn't leave a drop so all is good. The info system is complex but not difficult to navigate and set when your in your drive way. On the fly adjustments are easy as well once you figure the system out. It is difficult to explain how much
better this bike rides compared to my 2011, it just does. If your on the fence go ride one, I got good money for my old bike and paid MSRP for the new one and for
me it was well worth it. Since I ride two up 95% of the time I need to add that my wife really likes it too, her only complaint is there is to much room in the
rear set now...lol... I also got about an hour of night riding in and the new lights are a great improvement too.

It must not be THAT much better cause when I got my 2012 cvo the first few times I went into the garage "I" peed the floor!!!     
:fireman::fireman:
2012 FLHTCUSE7  "Flossie"

KenK

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2013, 04:29:31 PM »

Wow...they are nice........ :2vrolijk_21:

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2013, 08:32:02 PM »

Thanks Scottie.

My new buddy has a brand new Limited with the same color scheme - sans "Dragon Stripes".  The list of things and $$s to get it the way he wants it (like a CVO) keeps growing.  He was doing OK for a while, so he  says, but when he saw my SE he went into depression  :-\.

At least he can shift now after putting on the SE extended shift levers...

I may take the time to compile the differences just to show the "$12k - That's too much" crowd just what a CVO'er gets for the premium price.  My first estimation is that if one bought all of the goodies separately, it would be way more expensive that going "all in" from the start.  The bigger heads and the wheels alone probably go for $7k.

Kind Regards,

M

SFC, USA (RET)

M; It does not make sense to buy a Ultra Limited and then try to make it look like a SE Limited. I would have bought the SE if it had fit my budget but I am more than thrilled with my Ultra Limited. I am only going to add the XM Radio module that came with the SE. I am perfectly happy with everything else; except for the mufflers. Took the bike out today with the wife, did 170 miles, the bike performed so well; people that own a 2014 understand what I am talking about. I was also real happy that she did not dump any coolant; my bike is completely fixed.

The only issue that I must "re-learn" is braking. Coming off a 2007 SE Ultra without any ABS; the brakes on the 2007 were nothing in comparison. When I need to stop I tend to use my front brake more than needed, it brings the bike to a quick stop causing my wife to slide forward. After years of riding without any electronic help this is something new for me to adjust to.

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2013, 09:01:53 PM »

The 14's are definitely great riding bikes.  I'm waiting to see who will be the first to colour match the mail slot???
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19

Page created in 0.218 seconds with 21 queries.