Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: 14 CVO Limited, XM not loading  (Read 4438 times)

Yzernie

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLTRUSE that had the engine blow up twice.
14 CVO Limited, XM not loading
« on: October 09, 2013, 11:55:42 PM »

When I go to the XM channel it is supposed to have my 3 free months but all it says is "Retreiving Data" but never loads all the way to even get me to the screen where I can get the XM radio number.  Any ideas?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 12:02:50 AM by Yzernie »
"The satisfaction of a job well done is to be the one who has done it" - Unknown

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

Re: 14 CVO Limited, XM not loading
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 04:35:48 AM »

Yes mine doing same thing.  I left it outside for 30 mins and still says retrieving data.  But I was able to get the radio Id number off of it.
2018 Anniversary CVO M8

AMEDD_SFC

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 CVO Limited
    • TX

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - The Big Red One
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 09:22:14 AM »

When I go to the XM channel it is supposed to have my 3 free months but all it says is "Retreiving Data" but never loads all the way to even get me to the screen where I can get the XM radio number.  Any ideas?

Me too.  Haven't had time to mess with it.  I will see about getting additional time from Sirius XM before I pay.

Mark

Mark B.
SFC, USA (RET)

jr1521

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 09:29:55 AM »

Hi Guys, I had the same problem. When it is in the retrieving data mode it wont display the Radio ID number. Go back to Home screen and select Tuner then FM. This will stop the retrieving data mode on XM. Then Go back to the Home Screen. Then Setup, scroll down to XM Setup, Radio ,Subscription then should display Radio ID. Call the Number and give them your radio id, or go online. Have the specialty services turned on also, there is a different number displayed in specialty services. Once you give them the radio ID number it will identify that you are entitled to 3 free months of service.  Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 09:45:41 AM by jr1521 »

Yzernie

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 10:38:26 AM »

jr, that worked out....thank you!!!!
"The satisfaction of a job well done is to be the one who has done it" - Unknown

jr1521

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2013, 12:21:15 PM »

You're Welcome. Glad it worked out.
 With the Traffic set up, it works well. Live in the New York Metro area and when we return from rides it helps a lot.

john

Yzernie

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2013, 12:30:49 PM »

And the funny thing is when I called to get the signal sent to the ESN she reloaded the entire free 90 day deal...even though I have already had the bike for 6 weeks!!!!! 

jr1521

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2013, 01:23:35 PM »

That's because it is a 90 day free trial from the time you start up the XM Radio and not from the purchase date of the Bike. Enjoy It.

CVO Aqua-Glider

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 FLHTKSE

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Ultra Limited
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2013, 02:15:01 PM »

That's because it is a 90 day free trial from the time you start up the XM Radio and not from the purchase date of the Bike. Enjoy It.

Hmmm, I may have to activate mine. :) 

Untitled by oneboltzfan, on Flickr
2014 FLHTKSE Jupiter Blue/Wicked Sapphire

AMEDD_SFC

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 CVO Limited
    • TX

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2013, 02:31:02 PM »

Hi Guys, I had the same problem. When it is in the retrieving data mode it wont display the Radio ID number. Go back to Home screen and select Tuner then FM. This will stop the retrieving data mode on XM. Then Go back to the Home Screen. Then Setup, scroll down to XM Setup, Radio ,Subscription then should display Radio ID. Call the Number and give them your radio id, or go online. Have the specialty services turned on also, there is a different number displayed in specialty services. Once you give them the radio ID number it will identify that you are entitled to 3 free months of service.  Hope this helps.

Thanks!  I'll give it a go. 

I had service for a week or two, but it was spotty.  I noticed signal issues - often one or two bars and the channels would fade out.  I hooked up my MP3 and hadn't gone back to try Sirius XM.

Tho, now that I am getting the "acquiring data" message there appears to be 4 bars.  Maybe it'll work better.  I am a little leery about paying up and having less than acceptable quality.  Lord knows, FM isn't an option. 

Thanks, again.

Regards,

Mark

Mark B.
SFC, USA (RET)

jr1521

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2013, 02:38:19 PM »

The XM signal quality is not that good. Even with my 2012 CVO Ultra Classic. The Antenna is at the top of the Batwing Inside the faring. There is the problem. Its a small antenna and for looks its UNDER the faring. I hope the traffic signal is better because I'm more interested in that, than the music so much. I downloaded lots of music to a usb drive and it works great .I was hoping the reception would be  better. When I am in an area with poor XM reception I switch to the USB drive.

AMEDD_SFC

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 CVO Limited
    • TX

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2013, 09:21:23 PM »

Thanks for your post.  It motivated me to make the call.  Started out with the Weather, etc. and had everything transferred to my existing account.  The rep transferred me over to the music side to finalize setup.  Have my 3 month trial and I net access to manage the account.

Cheers!   :drink:

Mark

Mark B.
SFC, USA (RET)

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2013, 09:41:06 PM »

The antenna on my SERG is in the fairing and it works good. No signal problems unless I go thru a tunnel or similar. Not sure why I see complaints on here all the time. If you are having problems you can go online and refresh your XM/Sirius signal or call and they will do it for you. I use XM only  and on every ride.

FLHTCUSE7

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2013, 10:32:20 PM »

Mine worked like a champ.

Took less than 5 minutes to get all the services working including weather and traffic

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2013, 09:44:29 PM »

Do we get the specialty services for the 3 month trial period or just the music. I called Sirius XM & they said only got the music for the trial period..
2018 Anniversary CVO M8
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 21 queries.