Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Multi pocket fairing pouch  (Read 10161 times)

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
Multi pocket fairing pouch
« on: December 26, 2013, 02:13:49 PM »

Anybody put one of these on a 14 model yet ? Part # 93300054  I ordered one back in Oct before I even had the bike and it finally arrived the other day. Looks like it defeats the purpose of the air scoop by pushing the air towards the riders head instead of up the windshield. Also, you have to take off the outer fairing to install some foam strips to cover the gap created by the thickness of the part that goes into the fairing. Seems kinda cheesy for an HD approved part. I'm thinking about possibly cutting out the center bag to eliminate the wind issue. Just wondering if anyone else has used this and did you like it ?
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Multi pocket fairing pouch
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 03:56:27 PM »

It does not appear that this item was designed for the vented fairing Fits '14 Electra Glide®, Street Glide®, and Trike models with windshields, It probably could be modified to work but I doubt if it would look right
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 04:49:19 PM by dartman »

motor1

• Elite CVO Member
  • Current Harley: 2022 FLTRKSE

• CVO1: 2022 FLTRKSE
    • CVO2: 2022 FLRTXSE traded, 2015 FLTRUSE traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLTRXSE traded, 2011 FLTRUSE traded
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 06:17:58 AM »

Had the new pouches in hand a couple of days ago, I agree, seems like you'll ruin the function of the vent with this accessory.
Excuses are the conditions under which you have failed.

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 07:54:41 AM »

It does not appear that this item was designed for the vented fairing Fits '14 Electra Glide®, Street Glide®, and Trike models with windshields, It probably could be modified to work but I doubt if it would look right

It was definately designed for the vented windshield/fairing. The middle bag is raised up to allow the air to come thru and there is access to the button. Just seems like it was quickly done and minimizes a lot of R&D that was done for a $100 item.

US.Army.Retired

• Junior CVO Member
  • US Army (Retired)

• CVO1: 2004 Fatboy
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 - Scarlet Red/Dark Slate
    • CVO3: 2014 FLHTKSE CVO Limited
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 08:43:30 AM »

Has anyone attempted to modify their old windshield bag to fit on a 2014. I don't see a need to spend $100 on a new windshield bag that doesn't work and will need to be modified when I have the old one sitting on the workbench.

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 01:54:01 PM »

It was definately designed for the vented windshield/fairing. The middle bag is raised up to allow the air to come thru and there is access to the button. Just seems like it was quickly done and minimizes a lot of R&D that was done for a $100 item.
Finally found a picture to enlarge, you are correct it is different then the one on my 13, and I agree, that change was done hastily with no thought as to how air flow would be deflected

jimcb1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2014, 07:07:28 AM »

has anyone tried one yet

ole bill

• Fullsac baffles, 7" Freedom windshield

• CVO1: 2014 Ultra Limited CVO
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2014, 11:10:35 AM »

Ordered one, then went to another dealer and they showed me one that was mounted on a trike, I sure don't see how the air flow is gonna work, I think I'll hold off on the one for awhile. I did have an idea, I've got an old three pocket pouch that I really like I took off of my 08 Ultra, gonna cut the pouches off of each end and attach them to the covers of the glove box on each lower, with the radiator cap in there there is almost no space inside anyway. Just an idea at this point, just don't want to cover up that dash and get the inner and windshield all scratched up.
IBA #58709
HOG Senior Road Captain

anzac

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2014, 08:04:47 PM »

I would like one for the gloves boxes, if there are any made, I don't know how you can stick it on there. Can you take the door off ?

ole bill

• Fullsac baffles, 7" Freedom windshield

• CVO1: 2014 Ultra Limited CVO
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2014, 09:16:54 PM »

The doors on the 14's have little retaining clips that snap on the cover, no hinges or straps, might try to zip tie them on or if you really like them just drill a small hole on the face of it and put a bolt with a fender washer on it, then a small hole in the back of the pouch. If you ruin the doors you can just buy replacements.
IBA #58709
HOG Senior Road Captain

anzac

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2014, 07:18:35 PM »

thank you

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2014, 09:20:24 AM »

I guess since I started this thread I should follow up now that I have about a 1 K miles since installing the fairing pouch. I like it and am keeping it. Love having a place for the garage and gate opener, glasses, and when traveling I like to kep gum or peppemints to pass the time. When I installed it, not being sure I would keep it, I did NOT put the foam on or use the spacers,  so I didn't have to remove the outer fairing. And, I still haven't done those, although  mine has no gap for the foam anyway.
When riding, there is air that is directed towards your face. When using my hand to feel it, it stops before reaching my face. I wear a full face helmet almost all the time, so this really isn't an issue for me and might actually feel good in the summer.
Wouldn 't suprise later on to see this modified by moving the center pocked aft allowing the air to go up the windshield like it was designed to. At first, I really hated to change millions in R&D with a hundred dollar item but I like it enough that it's staying on.

motor1

• Elite CVO Member
  • Current Harley: 2022 FLTRKSE

• CVO1: 2022 FLTRKSE
    • CVO2: 2022 FLRTXSE traded, 2015 FLTRUSE traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLTRXSE traded, 2011 FLTRUSE traded
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2014, 05:50:25 PM »

I would like to see someone make a storage set up that has a left and right pouch, without a center pouch. I really miss the storage in the lowers.
Excuses are the conditions under which you have failed.

Opossum

• Blue is Faster
  • Senior CVO Member
  • “Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
    • TX

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Ultra Limited Jupiter Blue and Wicked Sapphire
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Hot Citrus (gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2014, 04:23:42 PM »

Just finished putting mine on...Don't really like that it covers half the windshield, hope the magnets on the flaps hold, will give it a shot next week to Daytona and back.  Right now storage needs override looks.   :nixweiss:
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

Yzernie

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLTRUSE that had the engine blow up twice.
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2014, 02:03:58 AM »

Well, how did it work out?
"The satisfaction of a job well done is to be the one who has done it" - Unknown
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 21 queries.