Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Multi pocket fairing pouch  (Read 10158 times)

Opossum

• Blue is Faster
  • Senior CVO Member
  • “Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
    • TX

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Ultra Limited Jupiter Blue and Wicked Sapphire
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Hot Citrus (gone but not forgotten)
Re: Multi pocket fairing pouch
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2014, 12:03:00 PM »

Not crazy about it...but there's no storage, so I'm a gonna keep it till somthin better comes aound.
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

Nano

• FL

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE - Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2014, 03:15:05 PM »

Adding these to my new ride this afternoon.  If the don't work like they should or take away from the bike, off they will come.
Nano

2016 FLHTKSE:
V&H Power Duals Header
Tab 4" All Chrome BAM Sticks
TTS Dyno Tuned

dkl032

• ID

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2014, 01:41:21 AM »

Just installed one. Forces air directly to face.  Wear half helmet so will keep vent closed and live with buffeting when cold. Will be nice when warm, just wonder about bugs to the face. Moco did not think this one through. 
2014 CVO Limited | V&H Power Duals and Monster Ovals | 117 Kit | SE 285 Cams | Dyno Tuned | Rekluse Clutch | Wild One 578 Bars | Floorboard Extensions | Freedom Wind Shield | Airwing LED Light | Custom Dynamics LED Turn Signals and Triple Play/Tour Pak Strobe | LED Fog Lights | FOBO TPMS | Shorty Antennas | Tour Pak Relocator, Wall, Lid Organizer, Ultra Brace | Saddlebag Wall Organizer | Backrest Organizer | Adjustable Passenger Footpegs | Hog Trough Drink Holder | Windshield Pouch | Ohlins

motor1

• Elite CVO Member
  • Current Harley: 2022 FLTRKSE

• CVO1: 2022 FLTRKSE
    • CVO2: 2022 FLRTXSE traded, 2015 FLTRUSE traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLTRXSE traded, 2011 FLTRUSE traded
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2014, 03:15:38 AM »

Can the middle pouch be removed without the whole thing looking like crap?
Excuses are the conditions under which you have failed.

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2014, 07:46:02 AM »

Has anyone attempted to modify their old windshield bag to fit on a 2014. I don't see a need to spend $100 on a new windshield bag that doesn't work and will need to be modified when I have the old one sitting on the workbench.
:cherry:

I have the same situation.  Believe I had started another post somewhere on this same topic.  Waiting on what the HD solution would be.  Sounds like it is NOT as good as it could be.

I kept the 3 pouch windshield bag set from my SE Ultra and have thought about "modifying" it to go on my '14 Street Glide.  Guess I will pursue that idea further.  I had made up a template of the bottom metal brace and my intent will be to eliminate the center pouch and retain the left and right ones.  As I recall (without going to the garage and checking),  the vent "button" is located far enough (left) to end up under the left bag.  Shouldn't be a big problem as I seem to just leave the vent open at all times.
Looks like my next project will be this one. :P

jimcb1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2014, 07:25:36 PM »

also ez pass does not fit in the left side pouch were is everyone putting there ez pass

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2014, 07:22:18 AM »

I thought about getting this but am concerned about the airflow.

When I first picked up my '14 I played with the vent since the Radio was TOO Complicated for me.  :)

My theory is that the airflow from the vent flows up along the shield and at the top, deflects the air that is coming over the top of the shield.  By deflecting it, the amount felt on the head is reduced from when the vent is closed.  So if the pouch is there, the effectiveness of this deflection is reduced or ineffective..

Again, it is my theory and I don't have a wind tunnel to test it with some smoke to verify.

/Bill
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2014, 01:15:36 PM »

OK,  I went ahead and took the plunge to cut apart my old 3 bag windshield set from my SE Ultra.  I used a template and a dremel and cut away the center pouch so that the metal support underneath the whole deal did (not) obstruct the air vent.

So I now have the left and right pouchs and I even kept the middle (larger) one too.  On the Street Glide and I would assume all other Tour models,  there is a bracket directly above the oil cooler with two threaded (1/4") holes in it.  Made another template to match up those two holes and then drilled two holes in the back side of that bag and it is now tucked under the front end and available for extra small items and is (barely noticeable).

« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 01:19:39 PM by moscooter »

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2014, 01:21:26 PM »

:P
The middle bag cut away.

Retained usage of the third (middle) pouch and put it here.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 01:23:22 PM by moscooter »

mnrider

• Full CVO Member
    • CO

• CVO1: 2014 CVO limited stardust silver and autumn sunset. Rinehart Slimline headers and slipons, SE extreme ventilator intake.
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2014, 01:29:22 PM »

OK,  I went ahead and took the plunge to cut apart my old 3 bag windshield set from my SE Ultra.  I used a template and a dremel and cut away the center pouch so that the metal support underneath the whole deal did (not) obstruct the air vent.

So I now have the left and right pouchs and I even kept the middle (larger) one too.  On the Street Glide and I would assume all other Tour models,  there is a bracket directly above the oil cooler with two threaded (1/4") holes in it.  Made another template to match up those two holes and then drilled two holes in the back side of that bag and it is now tucked under the front end and available for extra small items and is (barely noticeable).

I think that is a great idea!  :bananarock:
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.321 seconds with 21 queries.