Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: CVO Limited Just Doesn't Fit  (Read 7308 times)

Vstrut

• TX

• CVO1: FLHTKSE - 2020 Ultra Limited
Re: CVO Limited Just Doesn't Fit
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2014, 11:09:51 PM »

I totally understand your problem. I just purchased a 2014 CVO Limited and it's a little tight for me and I'm only 6.0. I also have a 2011 Street Glide with a Corbin Seat and it's been a great road bike. My wife and I have taken a number of trips (3000+ miles) and it's done fine. A little tight for my wife (she's 5'7) but a good fit for me. It has a detachable tour pac we use on long runs. I think it would work well for you with some extended controls and the right seat. You also get a lot of the bells and whistles that come with the Ultra.

Hope this helps.

Bigfoot16

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO Ultra Classic SE
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2014, 09:54:35 PM »

I totally understand your situation.  I had 2 Heritages before I bought my CVO. I'm only 6'5", but have a 36" inseam and a size 16 boot.  The extended floorboards were a must and the tall boy seat helped a lot too.  I also went with 12" apes to get rid of the cramped up feeling.  As has been stated, find a dealership that will work with you, they can make just about any bike fit anybody.  Just try different demo seats and configurations and you will get comfortable.
[img] C:\Users\Steve\Pictures\dragon.png

Mr D

• 1K CVO Member
    • WI

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2014, 10:37:19 AM »

Thanks all for your comments and suggestions. Think part of the problem I was having was with the salesman. Made me feel like I was wasting his time. I'll visit with another dealership to see if they are a little more willing to work with me.

Where are you located?
2014 FLHRSE6 Orange/Black
2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby/Typhoon [Sold]
2007 SEUC2 Red/Blk [Sold]
2006 SEUC Haze/Black [Sold]
2005 SEEG Yellow [Sold]
2003 VRSCA [Sold]
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Phil 4:13

robinswl

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited, FLHTKSE
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2014, 09:20:34 PM »

I'm located in Texas. I actually went back to the same dealership based on the urging of a good friend who works there and we tried again. The salesman offered a good trade on my Heritage but we couldn't get the numbers to work. They wanted significantly over the MSRP for the CVO Limited. I bought my Heritage from that dealership and have done most of my business with them over the last ten years however, I'm not a loyal enough customer to pay them a premium when I believe I can find a better deal down the road. We parted friends and I'm busy trying to cut that deal down the road...

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
Re: Re: Re: CVO Limited Just Doesn't Fit
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2014, 09:48:41 PM »

I'm located in Texas. I actually went back to the same dealership based on the urging of a good friend who works there and we tried again. The salesman offered a good trade on my Heritage but we couldn't get the numbers to work. They wanted significantly over the MSRP for the CVO Limited. I bought my Heritage from that dealership and have done most of my business with them over the last ten years however, I'm not a loyal enough customer to pay them a premium when I believe I can find a better deal down the road. We parted friends and I'm busy trying to cut that deal down the road...

That sucks. No loyalty for good customers. Greed!

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Vstrut

• TX

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2014, 11:09:31 PM »

Don't mean to beat a dead horse, but I'm in Texas too. Houston area. I shopped the 2014 CVO Ultra all over town. Not one dealer would cut me a good deal. Everybody wanted 3 - 5k over MSRP. I was in San Antonio on business and walked into the Alamo HD dealership. Sales guy's name was Danny. Good kid. Anyway, they initially sold me the 2014 CVO Ultra Limited for MSRP plus gave me 18k on my 2011 Street Glide.

Before we finalized the paperwork, my wife asked me not to get rid of the Street Glide as she has a lot of good memories w/me on that bike. So I took the SG off the table and ended up paying them MSRP for the CVO. I only share that with you cause you can probably get them down under MSRP since they were giving me 18K for the SG.

Good luck, you will love the CVO Ultra Limited!

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2014, 08:42:33 PM »

The Road Glide fairing is way out there, whereas the Batwing feels right in your face after getting off of the Road Glide, 'am fortunate to love them both... the seating positions are about the same 'just the RG feels like a bigger bike.
Doing the seat, floorboard extenders and bars, should get you comfy on either one... 6'4" 34"

A victory... Really???
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

robinswl

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited, FLHTKSE
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2014, 09:28:31 PM »

Too bad they dropped the Roadglide for 2014. Supposed to pick up my Limited tomorrow. I'm having the Tallboy handlebars installed because it is clear the stock ones aren't going to work. I'm also extending the floorboards and changing out the brake pedal with a smaller one to provide more foot room. I think part of it is getting used to the new ride.

Vstrut

• TX

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2014, 10:11:17 PM »

Congrats!  You will love the bike!

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2014, 09:02:59 AM »

There were 2 CVO limited's at Caliente HD in San Antonio as of 2 days ago.  Had 1 blue and silver and orange.  And they are an MSRP dealer.  Ask for Mack Webster.  Tell him Terry sent ya.  I bought a Blue CVO limited from him.  Good dealer. 
2018 Anniversary CVO M8
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 21 queries.