Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: My 2014 CVO Limited - Only 20 hours together!  (Read 9542 times)

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
Re: My 2014 CVO Limited - Only 20 hours together!
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2014, 11:14:30 AM »

I'm sorry about your unfortunate rear ending by some idiot that need his ass kicked but am happy to hear that you escaped with just the injuries you described and nothing more "permanent".  Heal up quickly and I wish you no pain. 
Jesus is Lord

MAT

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride baby ride

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2014, 12:06:38 PM »

Very glad you both survived this and will recover to resume your lives, we take a huge gamble trusting other drivers will operate safely and wisely... as we all know that is not and will not be the case.
Good luck on both of you recovering and healing properly.

MAT

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2014, 12:19:35 PM »

Wow!  Very good to read you and the Mrs. will recover.   :2vrolijk_21:  It could have been so much worse.    :nervous:

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

GtreetSlide

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2014, 01:53:18 PM »

Wow!  Very good to read you and the Mrs. will recover.   :2vrolijk_21:  It could have been so much worse.    :nervous:

Been it that same situation, except not on a brand new bike (just a very expensive modified one). Don't focus on bike replacement and settle too quickly. I am Glad you both are still with us. Keep the focus on healing and when you feel completely well, wait for some barometer swings to see if it brings back any pain that may result from a permanent injury.

Best wishes for your recovery, give yourselves time to heal.

jb

ffltjeff

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHTCUSE8
    • NE

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2014, 02:57:28 PM »

I am very glad you lived to write about it, life can change quickly.  Hope you have a speedy and full recovery
2013 FLHTCUSE8
V&H Power Duals, V&H Monster Ovals, SERT
Progressive 444 shocks, Progressive Cartridge Fork Kit
Windsplitter windshield

metfancowboy

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2014, 12:58:57 AM »

Terrible to hear,but at least you both survived.

tdowell65

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 SEUC 8
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2014, 07:49:09 AM »

Glad to hear your both going to be ok what a scary ride. Your story really made me cringe as I re married about 4 years ago and my wife just loves to ride.  We traded up from a road king to an Ultra CVO and are planning a few longer trips.  Something I've started to worry more about is we have 4 kids at home now.  I've always ridden smart and have been formate to stay up right for all these years of riding.  With the wife spending a lot of time on the back now and all the stupid drivers out there, makes me think about having her on there as much.  I wish you speedy recovery and the guys at St Charles Harley have been great place to work with myself since they took over a few years ago. 

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2014, 09:18:23 AM »

SMDH... Thank GOD you and your wife are OK. Prayers.

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

ultracvo14

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2014, 01:12:38 PM »

So very glad that injuries were no worse!!!!

horndog10

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - Jupiter Blue / Wicked Sapphire (Purchased 4/18/14) )
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited - Jupiter Blue / Wicked Sapphire (Totaled 3/21/14)
    • CVO3: 2012 CVO Streetglide - Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon (Traded 3/20/14)
Re: UPDATE - My 2014 CVO Limited - Only 20 hours together!
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2014, 12:46:31 AM »

Great news!  My insurance company (who have been absolutely terrific) have completed the claim and forwarded a check to me for the replacement cost of the new bike including the accessories on the original bike, riding gear we were wearing at the time of the accident (jackets, boots, gloves), helmets, sales tax & setup / dealer fees. 

We were lucky enough to find another blue CVO Limited locally, and are going to complete the transaction this Saturday.  Obviously, we won't be able to ride the bike for awhile, but they will be delivering the bike to us so we can at least spend some time installing the accessories and just spending some quality time together while the healing process continues  :)

Again, I can not say enough about Esurance - no less than 4 different employees are handling different aspects of the claim, and they are in contact at least every 48 hours.  They even call just to see how we are doing and if there is anything else they can do to help us.  I truly have not experienced this level of customer service in years. 

As an FYI, I had just switched to them when I bought the new bike; our policy was only 18 1/2 hours old at the time of the accident!
If you want to live life by your own terms, you've got to be willing to crash and burn.... N. Sixx

pkl

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2014, 06:46:41 AM »

Congratulations!

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2014, 06:56:49 AM »

All the best in your recovery and I am pleased to read that matters are progressing.

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2014, 11:59:29 AM »

So glad to hear your on the mend and have a great insurance company. When that happened to us in Ohio, State Farm just let us fend for ourselves with no help from any local agent. It worked out in the end but if I didn't have the resources we would have ended up staying there for several days instead of driving home. The nice volunteers at the emergency room drove us to the local airport over an hour away with all our gear to get a rental car and get home before the whiplash and other symptoms became severe. 

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
Re: UPDATE - My 2014 CVO Limited - Only 20 hours together!
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2014, 04:33:34 PM »

Great news!  My insurance company (who have been absolutely terrific) have completed the claim and forwarded a check to me for the replacement cost of the new bike including the accessories on the original bike, riding gear we were wearing at the time of the accident (jackets, boots, gloves), helmets, sales tax & setup / dealer fees. 

We were lucky enough to find another blue CVO Limited locally, and are going to complete the transaction this Saturday.  Obviously, we won't be able to ride the bike for awhile, but they will be delivering the bike to us so we can at least spend some time installing the accessories and just spending some quality time together while the healing process continues  :)

Again, I can not say enough about Esurance - no less than 4 different employees are handling different aspects of the claim, and they are in contact at least every 48 hours.  They even call just to see how we are doing and if there is anything else they can do to help us.  I truly have not experienced this level of customer service in years. 

As an FYI, I had just switched to them when I bought the new bike; our policy was only 18 1/2 hours old at the time of the accident!

I am glad you two are healing and resolved the property damage component of your claim.  Esurance is an Allstate company that I believe was formed to allow the consumers to bypass the agent in the purchasing process. They will of course subrogate against the at fault driver's carrier to get their money back and hopefully your deductible.   
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2014, 04:53:31 PM »

Sorry to read of your misfortune at the hands of that young moron. Good news to read of the rapid and proper response from Esurance. We have Allstate, and I hope they are this good if we should ever need it.

Glad to read that you and your wife are on the mend, and hopefully you will be riding your replacement bike soon!

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 21 queries.