Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: My 2014 CVO Limited - Only 20 hours together!  (Read 9541 times)

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
Re: My 2014 CVO Limited - Only 20 hours together!
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2014, 06:10:42 PM »

Sorry to read of your misfortune at the hands of that young moron. Good news to read of the rapid and proper response from Esurance. We have Allstate, and I hope they are this good if we should ever need it.

Glad to read that you and your wife are on the mend, and hopefully you will be riding your replacement bike soon!

Ken

I think insurance company performance is much like MOCO dealership performance.  A lot depends on your local agent and the folks from headquarters assigned to your case.  When I totaled my 6 month old 2004 SEEG by hitting a deer back in 04, I had a check from Progressive Insurance for $500 more than I paid for the bike in my hand less than one week after the accident.  Incredibly good performance, but I credit the agent assigned to my case for the results.  My accident was on a Sunday.  He inspected my bike the following Tuesday.  He hand delivered a check to my house the following Friday evening, 5 days after the accident.   :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2014, 07:54:22 AM »

So glade the wife and you will be ok, wish you and the wife the best and hope you get the new ride soon. You never know when something will happen !!!
DND

Yzernie

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLTRUSE that had the engine blow up twice.
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2014, 04:59:48 PM »

Thankfully, you're alive to see another day.  Damn kids!!
"The satisfaction of a job well done is to be the one who has done it" - Unknown

lilcoot

• Elite CVO Member
  • Scaramoosh! Scaramoosh! Can you do the Fandango?

• CVO1: '13 FLTCUSE8
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2014, 05:27:45 PM »

A similar thing happened to me a year ago.  Two weeks after trading in my '12 SG for a '13 Ultra, I was rear ended by a car full of 18 year olds.  A broken foot and $11,000 worth of damage was a lot better outcome than what could have been, had I not been very lucky.  I had Progressive Insurance, and they were excellent to work with.  Of course, the kid who hit me was driving his mom's car, and was uninsured.

Glad to hear you're okay, and will be back on the road soon!

Dan

RonandJanet

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2014, 09:22:20 AM »

I am so glad to hear you will be OK and that the insurance did as they should! My wife and I ride two up all the time and sold her bike since she rarely rode hers.  I hate that you had this happen to you. I feel I drive very defensively but then something like this can always happen.  It is always a worry and we have had some very close calls but have been very lucky so far!! I have had some small incidents over the years but not a major accident. I am impressed that both of you are ready to jump back on so quickly!  I love riding and don't ever want to stop. BTW I have the same blue 2014 CVO Limited and love it!     
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 21 queries.