Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Move floorboards and break peddle out more.  (Read 6332 times)

mnrider

• Full CVO Member
    • CO

• CVO1: 2014 CVO limited stardust silver and autumn sunset. Rinehart Slimline headers and slipons, SE extreme ventilator intake.
Re: Move floorboards and break peddle out more.
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2014, 01:10:27 PM »

It moved it out 2 inches and down 1 inch.

RonandJanet

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2014, 12:52:55 PM »

That sounds perfect!  Thanks!  Any trouble taking the old one off (with the new brake process HD has now)?

mnrider

• Full CVO Member
    • CO

• CVO1: 2014 CVO limited stardust silver and autumn sunset. Rinehart Slimline headers and slipons, SE extreme ventilator intake.
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2014, 12:55:55 PM »

It was rather easy. Just take the floor board mounds off the frame. Then you can get the pedal to rotate and then slide right off. I think the hardest part that I had was getting the cotter pin put back on. It's a small space and I have big hands.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2014, 09:27:38 PM »

That cotter pin was torture ,!!!!   Trying to find that tiny hole,,,,,, well,,,,,    Then try to bend it all around,,,,   Are we talking brake pedal here.? ::) :o :P

mnrider

• Full CVO Member
    • CO

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2014, 11:29:30 PM »

That cotter pin was torture ,!!!!   Trying to find that tiny hole,,,,,, well,,,,,    Then try to bend it all around,,,,   Are we talking brake pedal here.? ::) :o :P

Yes we are. That cotter pin is horrible!!!

Yzernie

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLTRUSE that had the engine blow up twice.
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2014, 11:57:12 PM »

Yzernie do you have different turn signals on your bike then stock? It looks like you put led in.
Good eyes, Kuryakyn LED front turn signals!!
"The satisfaction of a job well done is to be the one who has done it" - Unknown

mnrider

• Full CVO Member
    • CO

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2014, 12:00:26 AM »

I just ordered some LED's from Custom Dynamics. I'm hoping I will be happy with them. If not how do you like the Kuryakyn LED's?

Yzernie

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2014, 12:02:27 AM »

I just ordered some LED's from Custom Dynamics. I'm hoping I will be happy with them. If not how do you like the Kuryakyn LED's?
I like them enough and they impressed me after having them on my 11 RGU that I got them for this one.  Plug and play.
"The satisfaction of a job well done is to be the one who has done it" - Unknown

Yzernie

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2014, 12:03:48 AM »

Yzernie, I never got back to you on question about my brackets hitting.  Think my 2011 Limited frame and floorboards are similar to the newer CVO's but after installing the HD forward boards in addition to a 1" width spacer under the board brackets at frame mount, the brackets touch roadway before the edge of the hinged board.  I've never layed it over hard enough to lift a tire off the ground but have heard of that happening.  I'm probably going to try the boards again without the spacers and see if its unbearable. With my 35"-36" inseam I needed more leg room when I bought the bike.  Looking at the bright side, seat height is not an issue.
Makes sense with wider boards and the spacers.  Function over form is my motto!!!

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2014, 06:34:18 AM »

The hd drops it some.  But brings it up further.   I wouldn't add the spacers,  I know what it's like to keep scraping floorboards.  All of a sudden I don't feel so cramped any longer.   :nixweiss:

Wild Hog 4

• Senior CVO Member
    • CVO3: 2018 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2014, 03:36:32 PM »

hi

i've purchased a 2014 cvo limited in the jupiter blue a week ago and been reading the posts about the brake pedal issue and now i am in a muddle as to wether to order the softbrake SB-014s lower pedal or the +1" wider version,
i dont want the possible scraping floorboard issue with wider version,any one have the normal SB-014S if so is there enough room without going to the extra +1 version.
your views would be appreciated. :)

Ride free Brothers!
Ride free brothers!

RonandJanet

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2014, 05:28:13 PM »

The dealer couldn't find the extended brake pedal for 2014. They looked everywhere. The 2013 is a different diameter so it doesn't work. Does anyone who installed the HD version on the 2014 have the part number?

Wild Hog 4

• Senior CVO Member
    • CVO3: 2018 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2014, 06:08:57 PM »

hi

harley do not make an extended brake pedal for the 2014 !, believe me that was my first choice, your only option is to contact "softbrake" they are making a small fortune by cashing in on harleys mistake, i am sure there will be a harley part one day, but at the moment this is your only choice, works well by the sound of it and mine should arrive in a few weeks.

Ride Free Brothers!
Ride free brothers!

RonandJanet

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2014, 07:42:43 AM »

Wild Hog, Thanks that is the clarification I needed. 
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 21 queries.