CVO Technical > Revolution

CVO VRSCE engine question

<< < (2/2)

grc:

The original engine would have been 1130 cc's and the engine code is a "Z".  The 1250 cc version that was used in the SE has an engine code of "G".  As best I can remember, the engine in the SE has the same output as the other 1250 engines, but the SE had SE badges on the heads and some chrome bits and pieces.   Like I said before, find the serial number stamped on the actual engine.  And if it doesn't match the frame VIN, you will want some paperwork to prove it's a legitimately purchased replacement.  No one wants to have authorities do a VIN check and impound their bike because the numbers don't match.

Jerry

mick_n_az:

--- Quote from: grc on July 22, 2015, 11:45:55 AM ---The original engine would have been 1130 cc's and the engine code is a "Z".  The 1250 cc version that was used in the SE has an engine code of "G".  As best I can remember, the engine in the SE has the same output as the other 1250 engines, but the SE had SE badges on the heads and some chrome bits and pieces.   Like I said before, find the serial number stamped on the actual engine.  And if it doesn't match the frame VIN, you will want some paperwork to prove it's a legitimately purchased replacement.  No one wants to have authorities do a VIN check and impound their bike because the numbers don't match.

Jerry

--- End quote ---

Thank you Jerry.  I am very familiar with the paperwork side, especially in California where they can be quite picky.  He has all paperwork including dyno details etc.  Just want to make certain start off on good foot...been wanting a VRod for a while.  Looking forward to converting to mid controls, relocated gauge, different bars and seat as a starting point.  I appreciate all the info.  Cheers, Mick :drink:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version