CVO Technical > Milwaukee-Eight

Just checked a Milwaukee 8 out....

(1/9) > >>

Nicky Pass:
I went to my 2 local dealers just to see what the buzz was about.  I'm not a fan of the way the new exhaust looks, but for stock....it doesn't sound bad!  They have a new bag security clip instead of the the recalled recall set up.  What got me the most is the counter balancing!  The Road Glide Special I checked out barely vibrated the handle bars at all!  And....there is almost no engine noise!  I have to say, Harley may have finally got it right!

hdbrad03:
I looked at a 107 very quickly. The oil flow from the oil cooler feeds the oil supply for cooling the heads. A single line that splits above the front head and feeds both heads. Then the oil returns to the tank from the rear head return line from both heads. Not sure if some of the cool oil goes to the engine are all to the heads.

Looks nice will be much harder to remove rocker boxes looks like 10 bolts and some are a pain to get to. Of course the oil cooling lines are in the way and a plug job will be a little harder to get to the right side plugs.

:bananarock: :banana rock:

Brad

Twolanerider:
I'm curious if in regular service will have to raise the rear of the gas tank to get to that right rear spark plug.

Wesleypalms:
We took out a couple of the 107's today.  The Street Glide and the Road Glide. They were very smooth and much more refined feeling than the twin cams. Power stock was strong the entire rev range. The suspension was smooth and made the bikes feel almost nimble. I liked the narrower engine and the lighter feel of the clutch.
  The salesman did say the tank would need to be removed before you can change the second plug. I think he said the rocker cover might need to be removed as well.

SHRADER:

--- Quote from: Twolanerider on August 27, 2016, 07:26:13 PM ---I'm curious if in regular service will have to raise the rear of the gas tank to get to that right rear spark plug.

--- End quote ---

Yes sir you have to raise (at least) or remove the tank to get to the top plugs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version