Custom Vehicle Discussions > CVO™ Breakout™

Wreckage parts

(1/3) > >>

rjackson229:
I have the blaze orange 2014 CVO Breakout.  I did a number and ran into the back of a minvan going 10mph.  Barely any damage as I took most of the hit and it just kind of dropped on one side. So you know how these things go the dealership will suck every penny out of the insurance company. There is a small chip of just clear coat gone out of the gas tank.

The Harley dealership says that I cannot keep the gas tank if it is being replaced. Is this common practice for Harley to retain their signature parts like the gas tank? 

I don't see any reason why they would want it.  Unless I get in another accident and charge me for another gas tank. That tank is still good, why wouldn't I want to keep a $2,000 part. 

Anyone else have this problem or heard of Harley doing this?

Unbalanced:
When I have had dmg and dealt through my insurance  I was able to keep every damaged part

Tanks, fender, fairings, saddle bags, tour oak

Still have the pieces - never had insurance company ask for the dmg’d parts back. 

Fired00d:

--- Quote from: rjackson229 on November 19, 2018, 05:15:49 PM ---I have the blaze orange 2014 CVO Breakout.  I did a number and ran into the back of a minvan going 10mph.  Barely any damage as I took most of the hit and it just kind of dropped on one side. So you know how these things go the dealership will suck every penny out of the insurance company. There is a small chip of just clear coat gone out of the gas tank.

The Harley dealership says that I cannot keep the gas tank if it is being replaced. Is this common practice for Harley to retain their signature parts like the gas tank? 

I don't see any reason why they would want it.  Unless I get in another accident and charge me for another gas tank. That tank is still good, why wouldn't I want to keep a $2,000 part. 

Anyone else have this problem or heard of Harley doing this?

--- End quote ---
Ask them if they are going to give you the new tank for free... if they say no tell them your lawyer will be contacting them. You paid for that tank once when you purchased the bike (and didn't sign anything stating you would have to return damaged parts to get new ones to replace them), and you will be paying for the new one. This is BS the MoCo & dealerships try to do but I don't see how in the world it can be legal. :soapbox:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

skratch:
well, technically, it isn't 'your' fuel tank.  the insurance company is paying for it.  ask them if they want it back.  if they don't care, then i'd be raising a stink with hd.

i just had to replace the front fender on my cvo.  i had to provide the vin number to purchase the fender, but they aren't asking for the old one back.

grc:

Once again we have a Harley dealership blowing smoke up someone's posterior, either due to ignorance or actual malice.  IF Harley replaces a part under warranty, you do not get to keep the old part.  If you or your insurance company buy a new part Harley has absolutely zero legal claim to the old part, period.

Jerry

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version