Custom Vehicle Discussions > Screamin' Eagle® Road King®

My 2002 FLHRSEI Brandywine SERK

<< < (17/18) > >>

Twolanerider:

--- Quote from: OddN on August 18, 2021, 03:58:38 PM ---Thanks.

Yeah you're right. Not many details left now. Actually, the only thing I can think of right now is an original Stingray seat... But I believe they were quite fragile already when new so I'm not too optimistic. I have only ever seen one on ebay, and it was rather worn. And besides that, I really like the Corbin Solo seat, both for comfort and for the looks. Maybe if I found someone who could retrim the Corbin with stingray leather, that would be a solution.

--- End quote ---

Finding that seat will be a significant challenge.  Finding it in even fair condition with the stingray section still there is a challenge.  Finding it in good in tact condition is very rare indeed.  In ten years I think I've seen one that wasn't pristine but was good enough to set back, dare not used, but at least was all there without pulling apart around the stingray inlay.

OddN:

--- Quote from: Twolanerider on August 18, 2021, 09:21:09 PM ---Finding that seat will be a significant challenge.  Finding it in even fair condition with the stingray section still there is a challenge.  Finding it in good in tact condition is very rare indeed.  In ten years I think I've seen one that wasn't pristine but was good enough to set back, dare not used, but at least was all there without pulling apart around the stingray inlay.

--- End quote ---

One significant challenge completed :-)

To be honest I didn't really contribute much in that challenge. Actually, the only thing I did was reply to an email from a CVO forum member who told me he had a seat he would be willing to sell to me, and he even included a really nice rider backrest. All this for a very reasonable price. He sent me some pictures, and even though the seat looked excellent in the pictures I was quite excited when it showed up and was even better that I had hoped for. So thank you PJ57, I really appreciate it. The seat has come to a good home and will be taken good care of.

Twolanerider:
Very nice.  And if Pete had it there's no doubt the seat is pristine.  All his stuff was always that way.  So glad for you both :2vrolijk_21: .

Fired00d:

--- Quote from: Twolanerider on February 03, 2022, 12:09:08 PM ---Very nice.  And if Pete had it there's no doubt the seat is pristine.  All his stuff was always that way.  So glad for you both :2vrolijk_21: .

--- End quote ---
Yea, what Don said... along with Pete keeping his stuff pristine he's a great guy on top. Glad it worked out for both of you.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

pj57:
Don and Gary - thanks for the compliments! Just glad I could help a fellow CVOer. Even though I’m not as active on the site as years ago, I still check you guys out from time to time. I’m down to one bike...my Candy Brandywine FLHRSEI which I will never part with. I do mostly short rides these days, but still find myself wandering out to the garage everyday just to sit on the bike and admire that paint job. Take care guys and be safe out there. Pete

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version