CVO Technical > Milwaukee-Eight

131 kit price

<< < (3/3)

newseultra07:
I live in South Texas so wonder if the heat off motor going to be an issue since the air temps here in summer reach 100 degrees. Heck my 117 other day in heavy traffic was really warm on the ole legs... One dealer here said prolly not good idea since temps get to 100 around here. SO curious does your run Hot.

kojak:

--- Quote from: newseultra07 on May 09, 2022, 09:51:03 PM ---I live in South Texas so wonder if the heat off motor going to be an issue since the air temps here in summer reach 100 degrees. Heck my 117 other day in heavy traffic was really warm on the ole legs... One dealer here said prolly not good idea since temps get to 100 around here. SO curious does your run Hot.

--- End quote ---
It will put out more heat. It was my biggest beef on the 131 on my 2017 cvo limited. If you live in a hot climate, be prepared to deal with it.

CVOThunder:
Yes, I can see that being an issue. Not sure if increasing the size of the oil cooler would help or what options are available. When I'm riding I haven't noticed problems but on 3 occasions I've had a small puddle of coolant after riding and the bike parked. I brought it to the attention of my local shop where they did some checks, rerouted hoses and notified HD about it. They have said it was coolant condensation, keep an eye on it. It leaked one time on local shop sponsored ride and someone brought it to my attention. I bought the bike in SD and the local HD shop General Manager joked, that only happens to SD bikes. Get yer digs in Jim.  ;D Not sure what indications a faulty water pump would show. Fan comes on for a little bit after it's shut down so it's trying to cool down. Doesn't do this after every ride. Weird.

Temps when it's done this have been in the 90's but I haven't ridden south of Utah during the summer. Doubt I'd ride it in the summer in southern States.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version