Custom Vehicle Discussions > Screamin' EagleĀ® Road KingĀ®

Blue Smoke -- Uh Oh -- It's FireDood's Fault

<< < (2/3) > >>

Ironhorse:

--- Quote from: Twolanerider on February 16, 2022, 08:54:06 PM ---The leak down test was the real tell-tale Mark.  Normally sealed up through the valves but way more than normal pressure going past the bottom end.  Also significantly different between the two cylinders. 
--- End quote ---

I had an engine rebuild at 83K.  At 106,000 I just had a top end job.  Might be time for you too.

Twolanerider:

--- Quote from: Ironhorse on February 16, 2022, 09:01:13 PM ---I had an engine rebuild at 83K.  At 106,000 I just had a top end job.  Might be time for you too.

--- End quote ---

When I tear it down I won't replace the bottom end without at least touching up the heads.  It seems Gary did all his mischief in the bottom end but it'd be silly to not refresh a little while there no matter what.

CVODON:

--- Quote from: Ironhorse on February 16, 2022, 08:32:00 PM ---Did you pull the plugs and run a compression test?

--- End quote ---
Why would you run a compression test if you own, and know how to use, a Leak Down Test Kit?

Twolanerider:

--- Quote from: CVODON on February 19, 2022, 06:44:50 PM ---Why would you run a compression test if you own, and know how to use, a Leak Down Test Kit?

--- End quote ---

And......... I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night!

Mikey:
Don,
You should be a comedy writer! I too am pissed with the downsizing of the burrito!

Mikey

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version