CVO Technical > Milwaukee-Eight

Are there any "reliability" issues with the new M8s?

<< < (3/4) > >>

FLSTFI Dave:
I am on my 3rd CVO M8.  Put just over 23K on a 2017 CVOSG, then 24K on a 18 CVORG and now 56K on a 19 CVORG.

Ran fullsac baffles on all 3, no tune required, added fullsac head pipe and tune was needed, and had to go after market.

Between 2017 and 2020 there were several changes to the oil pump.  The 2020 8 lobe oil pump solved the sumping issue which was the biggest issue for most people.  Not every early motor had the issue. 

At 21K miles when the motor was built in my 2019 we used the 2020 8 lobe Harley pump and I have ad zero issues.  This is a pretty big power build, 163 HP ands 167 Torque.

The M8 does not run quite as hot as the TC in my opinion.  The M8 seems to have the torque come on a little lower, so it feels more powerful.  I think the motor is much better than the TC.  You should not have many if any issues with the 2022 version.

That orange is going to look Fantastic.  Congratulations.

HOGMIKE:
If you’re concerned about warranty and use an aftermarket tuner it will be flagged as non-Harley compliant.
Harley will void your warranty. If your dealer covers repairs that would be great!
Most new multi-store dealerships will stay in lockstep with factory guidelines.

If you “go big” like the 131” kit and stay with the factory parts,  warranty stays intact.
Power would be plenty for most with that kit.
Some of us (like Dave) opted for more and gave up the warranty and went aftermarket.
I didn’t regret that decision!

JMHO of course, it’s an individual decision all about your ultimate goal and riding style.
 8)

Scott7d:
My 2020 CVO Road Glide has 71,000 miles. It turned two years old this month. The bike had a stage II package with dyno tune performed just a few thousand miles into ownership. The bike mechanically has been flawless. Nothing but basic maintenance.

Obviously anything can go wrong at any time, but my experience and the experiences of my friends who also log quite a few more miles than average have been great.

kojak:
That’s some serious riding! Well done!

--- Quote from: Scott7d on April 11, 2022, 11:36:56 PM ---My 2020 CVO Road Glide has 71,000 miles. It turned two years old this month. The bike had a stage II package with dyno tune performed just a few thousand miles into ownership. The bike mechanically has been flawless. Nothing but basic maintenance.

Obviously anything can go wrong at any time, but my experience and the experiences of my friends who also log quite a few more miles than average have been great.

--- End quote ---

Sea Biscuit:
At this stage, I plan on keeping the stock headpipe on my new 2022 CVO Road Glide but plan on trying this:

https://deipowersports.com/products/heat-shield-liner-17-22-hd-touring-harley-davidson-flh-flt-flr-including-trikes-stock-headpipe-1/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version