CVO Technical > Intake/Exhaust/ECM

Removing baffles

(1/2) > >>

Beach Bum:
2019 CVO Street Glide.  I would like to add a little more sound to the quiet pipes and was wondering if anyone has just removed the baffles.  If so, what do you think about the sound?  Should I be aware of any operational issues by doing this?  Thanks.

GregKhougaz:
Your exhaust system needs a certain amount of back pressure. Straight pipes will not help you. Take a look here:  CVO TOURING HIGH FLOW POWER CORE 2006-2022

rayson56:
X2

Mofo67:
X3… Full Sac is a nice upgrade for additional sound.

FYI, if all stock motor and header consider the 2.5” baffles with the Tech Mat. I put the 2.25” in my ‘22 CVO, louder than stock but not by much.

RivRaptor:
Full Sac all the way!  The open pipe sound is gonna be too tinny anyway & your gonna kill your back pressure which in turn is gonna kill your low end power.  FullSac is in Havasu AZ and can't ship to Cali.  If you want some and can't get there, let me know, I have a place in Havasu and could pic some up the next time I'm in town.  Just got some (and installed) for a friends 21' CVO last trip.  I'm running 2.25 no tec mat which I did soon after buying my bike and a little later I did add his head pipe when it was available and am very happy with the sound.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version