CVO Technical > Milwaukee-Eight

M8 momentary hesitation

<< < (2/2)

ultrafxr:
Had this very same problem on my 2017 CVO Limited from the get go.  There was an updated calibration that helped a bit but I was never able to resolve it fully before I traded it a year later.  If the bike has a stock calibration I'd check to see if there is anything newer from H-D.  If the ECM has been mapped you might want to investigate a competent tuner who could check it out.  Good luck getting it sorted.

HOGMIKE:

--- Quote from: johnmowcop on August 01, 2022, 05:31:41 PM ---Hello Hogmike,
Bought second hand with supposedly stage one. It has got Vance and Hines slip ones and screaming eagle air filter so I assume the ecu has been mapped.
JohnT

--- End quote ---

Sorry for the late reply.
No RDRS on your bike I believe but with the changes from stock, if it was me, I’d get a GOOD dyno tune.

My 2019 had similar issues from new. And my cure was clutch slave cylinder changed to Mueller, good dyno tune from off idle up.
We found throttle settings from off idle to small increases not optimal with just my header and slip on muffler changes.

Fast forward a couple years, now with a bigger engine and big horsepower and torque I still have the same exhaust setup but a full dyno tune from one of the best and the bike is a joy to ride at ANY throttle setting!

FWIW, I’m using TTS on the oem ecm.

One other issue I just thought of was a bad spark plug wire you may want to check out.

I hope you get it straightened out because the potential is there!
 :nixweiss:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version