CVO Technical > Intake/Exhaust/ECM

Opinions re:Fullsac High Flow Power Core 2.25" baffles w/techmat versus 2.0"

(1/2) > >>

Wrenchspinner3:
I'm just looking for opinions or experiences regarding the Fullsac 2.0" baffles w/techmat kit versus the 2.50" w/techmat kit. I'm wondering if there is a noticeable difference in low or mid-range torque between the two different baffle sizes with my scenario? I have a 2019 CVO Street Glide with the stock CVO cam and will be keeping the stock header with the cat in place and the stock CVO tune at this time. I'm mainly looking for a better sound than the stock mufflers, as well as a possible reduction in some the heat for the passenger. I realize a different head pipe or de-cat of the original head pipe would help the most, but I don't want to go down that road at this time.

Mr D:

--- Quote from: Wrenchspinner3 on September 25, 2022, 01:42:08 PM ---I'm just looking for opinions or experiences regarding the Fullsac 2.0" baffles w/techmat kit versus the 2.50" w/techmat kit. I'm wondering if there is a noticeable difference in low or mid-range torque between the two different baffle sizes with my scenario? I have a 2019 CVO Street Glide with the stock CVO cam and will be keeping the stock header with the cat in place and the stock CVO tune at this time. I'm mainly looking for a better sound than the stock mufflers, as well as a possible reduction in some the heat for the passenger. I realize a different head pipe or de-cat of the original head pipe would help the most, but I don't want to go down that road at this time.

--- End quote ---

In the subject line it says 2.0 vs 2.25 core size…. In your post you mention 2.5 core size
With the stock head pipe & stock CVO cam IMO the 2.25 core with tech mat kit sounds great
Here’s a link that Steve did some testing using the 2.5 core for a rider that wanted loud over performance, it surprised Steve with results
https://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=123929.0

Wrenchspinner3:
Sorry for the typo in the body of my message. I meant 2.25",not 2.50". For what it's worth, I don't see 2.50" cores offered on the website anyway.
So you don't feel you had any loss of low-end torque once you re-cored with the  2.25"? I would imagine the cat is the choke point anyway?
Thanks,
for your reply!

Mr D:

--- Quote from: Wrenchspinner3 on September 25, 2022, 04:15:08 PM ---Sorry for the typo in the body of my message. I meant 2.25",not 2.50". For what it's worth, I don't see 2.50" cores offered on the website anyway.
So you don't feel you had any loss of low-end torque once you re-cored with the  2.25"? I would imagine the cat is the choke point anyway?
Thanks,
for your reply!

--- End quote ---

No loss at all, I went with the 2.25 core for tone, the deeper sound compared to the 2.0
Can’t go wrong with either core
I have no plans on replacing the stock head pipe… IMO on a stock engine.. I’d rather spend on a quality tune vs. spending on a after market M8 head pipe & plus the cost of a tune…it’s just not cos effective in my book…The M8 is exhaust finicky, less room for error compared to the Twin Cam’s

Wrenchspinner3:
2.25" cores w/techmat it is then! Just have to wait for the Canadian dollar to ramp up a bit, lol.
Thanks again for your reply!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version