CVO Technical > Intake/Exhaust/ECM

Opinions re:Fullsac High Flow Power Core 2.25" baffles w/techmat versus 2.0"

<< < (2/2)

Mr D:

--- Quote from: Wrenchspinner3 on September 26, 2022, 12:27:32 PM ---2.25" cores w/techmat it is then! Just have to wait for the Canadian dollar to ramp up a bit, lol.
Thanks again for your reply!!

--- End quote ---

:2vrolijk_21:

Wrenchspinner3:
So the 2.25" Power Cores and techmats have been installed. I did the left side muffler first with no real issues. However, when I knocked the stock baffle out of the right hand side muffler, a woven metal round gasket fell out onto the floor. It appeared to be the correct size to slip over the inlet nipple inside the can, and then the new baffle would slide over that. As I hadn't seen this in the first muffler, and nothing was mentioned about it in the instructions or any videos I had watched, I opted to call Fullsac Performance for confirmation. Steve came on the line and was a great help. He says these gaskets don't normally fall out and are in fact normally very stuck up inside over the nipple. He confirmed that my guess was correct, and that the gasket should be left in place to prevent the baffle from rattling. I shone a flashlight up the first muffler and could in fact see that the gasket was still in place,so all good. I'm very pleased with the deep tone from the new baffles w/techmats. I've only been able to do a few short rides due to poor weather, and I don't feel that there has been any loss of torque on the bottom end, and the bike seems to pull as good or better than it did with the stock baffles. The new sound is certainly not obnoxious. Service from Fullsac to Canada was quick and friendly. 

Mr D:

--- Quote from: Wrenchspinner3 on October 20, 2022, 10:41:21 PM ---So the 2.25" Power Cores and techmats have been installed. I did the left side muffler first with no real issues. However, when I knocked the stock baffle out of the right hand side muffler, a woven metal round gasket fell out onto the floor. It appeared to be the correct size to slip over the inlet nipple inside the can, and then the new baffle would slide over that. As I hadn't seen this in the first muffler, and nothing was mentioned about it in the instructions or any videos I had watched, I opted to call Fullsac Performance for confirmation. Steve came on the line and was a great help. He says these gaskets don't normally fall out and are in fact normally very stuck up inside over the nipple. He confirmed that my guess was correct, and that the gasket should be left in place to prevent the baffle from rattling. I shone a flashlight up the first muffler and could in fact see that the gasket was still in place,so all good. I'm very pleased with the deep tone from the new baffles w/techmats. I've only been able to do a few short rides due to poor weather, and I don't feel that there has been any loss of torque on the bottom end, and the bike seems to pull as good or better than it did with the stock baffles. The new sound is certainly not obnoxious. Service from Fullsac to Canada was quick and friendly.

--- End quote ---

Glad it all worked out, Steve has always been great to deal with
Enjoy the ride  :2vrolijk_21:

rayson56:
Yes, Steve is a good dude with great products and knowledge!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version