CVO Technical > Intake/Exhaust/ECM

M8 Slip ons and a Tuner?

<< < (2/3) > >>

DownUnder CVO:

--- Quote from: fastfreddy on January 08, 2023, 01:26:34 PM ---i remember a post by fullsac that stated he ran a m8 on the dyno with NO tuning, and picked up a couple numbers with just a muffler change  :2vrolijk_21:    my two cents is you will be good to go https://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=123929.msg1533543#msg1533543   check this link

--- End quote ---
Interesting read,
I put the S&S mk45 mufflers on yesterday and I preferred them with the Db reducing baffle installed. It was too loud without the db reducer and also seemed flat down low without them.
The Db reducer brings the outlet i.d. down to about 1.8 inches from 2.5

Marty811:
You have a beautiful bike that costs a lot! I know because I have one too.
Like another poster said, I would stay away from an aftermarket tuner. They do offer a little more performance but at the expense of your warranty. I am a big fan of dyno tuning which to get it done of course you need a tuner.
From my experience with the Harley Street tuner, ( 2 times), you get a noticeable difference after a dyno tune. You pick up some power but the bike also feels more eager, especially right off idle.
I put the Harley SE 462 power cam in my 117 after the dyno tune picked up 15 HP and 15 torque from stock. Bike runs super! I also bought a 7 year extended warranty so no worries while I’m on the road.
Enjoy your ride!

bad00serg:
I put Rinehart slip ons on my 2020, no tune, and it runs great, no issues.

rayson56:
Needed?...no, recomended?...YES

Beautiful bike BTW!

FLSTFI Dave:
My 2017 and my 2018 CVO's had Fullsac baffles.  Neither were tuned, and they ran great.  No signs of being too lean.  Put 22K on the 17 and 26K on the 18.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version