CVO Technical > Intake/Exhaust/ECM

2021 CVO Street Glide - Stock 117Ci Air Filter Question

(1/2) > >>

Aussie Ads:
G'Day All,

Hope 2023 has been good to everyone so far?

I'd like to buy another air filter for my stock 2021 CVO Street Glide (117Ci) however, I don't know what the name / brand or type of air filter is installed from stock? I will make an enquiry with Harley this week but wanted to know if K&N has the same short one or is there any other brand available etc....

The main issue is when it rains heavy there seems to be crappy performance (spluttering) due to excess water and limited air getting into the intake so I have to give it more revs to get the bike moving.... Does a rain sock reduce this issue?

The bike has a S&S 475 cam installed and is tuned...

All opinions / suggestions welcome...

Cheers,

Aussie Ads

rayson56:
If you have a proper tune under normal conditions than yes, a rain sock should cure that issue.

FLSTFI Dave:
An open element air filter is effected by rain, especially by heavy rain.  I have an extreme Heavy Breather, which is very open element.  I do use a rain sock, it helps a lot.  That said, in a down pour you still have to keep the rpm up as water still gets in. 

Aussie Ads:
Thanks FLSTFI Dave,  Do you have any preference for brands of rain socks as I don't want a Chinese knockoff that is ineffective?

Cheers,

Aussie Ads

kojak:
The oem rain socks are fine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version