Custom Vehicle Discussions > Screamin’ Eagle® Softail® Springer®

'09 CVO Springer OEM Bars

(1/3) > >>

jamala00:
I found an '09 CVO Springer locally that I'm very interested in. The owner has apes on it and does not have the OEM bars. I'm not an apes guy, if I bought it I would want to put it back to the OEM bars. I have found the part number 56806-09, but I can't find them anywhere. I can find 56806-07 on eBay, but I'm not sure what the differnce between -07 & -09 would be. Can anyone shed some light on this or maybe there is someone on here that has '09 CVO Springer bars laying around they want to sell??

It looks to me like -07 vs -09 is simply the year of the bike they were on. I just don't know how to be 100% sure.

bad00serg:
Awesome bikes, I have an 07 and 09!  The 2009 bars are slightly lower (less rise) vs the 2007 bars.  They are pretty close and I wouldn't hesitate using the 2007 bars on the 2009, but you may have to reroute some cables and lines.  How much are you looking to spend and where are you located?  I am aware of a few nice ones out there for sale.

For the one you are looking at, you will likely have to replace the throttle cables, brake and clutch lines, shorten wiring, etc. to undo all the stuff they did to put the apes on it.   

jamala00:

--- Quote from: bad00serg on March 16, 2023, 10:15:14 AM ---Awesome bikes, I have an 07 and 09!  The 2009 bars are slightly lower (less rise) vs the 2007 bars.  They are pretty close and I wouldn't hesitate using the 2007 bars on the 2009, but you may have to reroute some cables and lines.  How much are you looking to spend and where are you located?  I am aware of a few nice ones out there for sale.

For the one you are looking at, you will likely have to replace the throttle cables, brake and clutch lines, shorten wiring, etc. to undo all the stuff they did to put the apes on it.

--- End quote ---

Ok... Good to know. I may end up ordering the '07 bars. This is the one locally. I don't have a specific max budget, just trying to find one. The only one I come up with on cycle trader is about 8 hrs from me and they are asking $22k?? That seems high...  I'm in Neenah, WI. If you are aware of some nice ones for sale, shoot me the details...I would for sure be interested, especially if they are unmolested!

bad00serg:
Message replied!  You can find really nice ones in the $18K range, I wouldn't go $22K on any of these unless it was a time capsule bike. 

Parts for these are getting scarce, so keep that in mind if you are buying one that needs any conversion back to stock. 

jamala00:

--- Quote from: bad00serg on March 16, 2023, 10:44:06 AM ---Message replied!  You can find really nice ones in the $18K range, I wouldn't go $22K on any of these unless it was a time capsule bike. 

Parts for these are getting scarce, so keep that in mind if you are buying one that needs any conversion back to stock.

--- End quote ---

I'm finding that out, but ya, thanks for the heads up. Big part of the reason I want one that has not been modded.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version