Custom Vehicle Discussions > Screamin’ Eagle® Softail® Springer®

'09 CVO Springer OEM Bars

<< < (3/3)

gmeikle:
It cost the guy who changed those bars a LOTTA money to do, and major pain as well no doubt.

On my 2008 I did initially contemplate a change of bars to something like Softail Custom "Mini-apes".

Looked well into it and as the Springer bars/risers/factory internal wiring yada yada were model unique it was just too hard basket/brain damage.

Then I got well used to the Springer riding position and well kinda "love" it now....

Good luck with the retrofit to stock if you do end up getting it. I will be very interested to see how it all goes.

jamala00:

--- Quote from: gmeikle on March 20, 2023, 09:53:08 AM ---It cost the guy who changed those bars a LOTTA money to do, and major pain as well no doubt.

On my 2008 I did initially contemplate a change of bars to something like Softail Custom "Mini-apes".

Looked well into it and as the Springer bars/risers/factory internal wiring yada yada were model unique it was just too hard basket/brain damage.

Then I got well used to the Springer riding position and well kinda "love" it now....

Good luck with the retrofit to stock if you do end up getting it. I will be very interested to see how it all goes.

--- End quote ---

I decided not to do it. He ended up selling the bike to someone else. I did find one that I want. (09 CVO Springer).
The seller was communicating with me about it right up until I said I was from WI and had a shipper that would pick it up. Asked if he was OK with a Bank to Bank Wire.
Said he could have his bank call mine or mine call his and all communication stopped. I bought my current CVO Street Glide and my SS Camaro both wire transfer.
Not sure what the issue is. It's been on Marketplace for almost 3 months now. Guess he deosn't really want to sell it.  :nixweiss:

gmeikle:
Now that's a nice looking 2009 CVO Springer. FXSTSSE3 I reckon ?

My own 2008 FXSTSSE2 also came from Central Texas. Sold new by Red Rock HD.

I brought it to Perth Western Australia in 2011, with 6,300 miles on it (10,000 Kilometres)

Now done 60,000 K's. Summer all year round here when compared to cold northern states of the USA.

Here's a coupla shots taken over at the Indian Ocean. One has my good mates Anniversary color 2008 FXSTSSE2 present

gmeikle:
The "pigeon pair" in coastal Perth Western Australia

jamala00:

--- Quote from: gmeikle on March 21, 2023, 08:13:59 AM ---Now that's a nice looking 2009 CVO Springer. FXSTSSE3 I reckon ?

My own 2008 FXSTSSE2 also came from Central Texas. Sold new by Red Rock HD.

I brought it to Perth Western Australia in 2011, with 6,300 miles on it (10,000 Kilometres)

Now done 60,000 K's. Summer all year round here when compared to cold northern states of the USA.

Here's a coupla shots taken over at the Indian Ocean. One has my good mates Anniversary color 2008 FXSTSSE2 present

--- End quote ---

Couple nice bikes you have there? Yes, that is a very nice FXSTSSE3... Sure wish the seller would work with me. I think he feels I'm some kind of scammer. Not sure... Left him text messages and voicemail.  :nixweiss:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version