Custom Vehicle Discussions > Screamin’ Eagle® Softail® Springer®

'09 CVO Springer OEM Bars

<< < (2/3) > >>

jamala00:
Called my local HD shop, you can't get $hit for parts for these bikes anymore. I looked on eBay and can't find even a used set of OEM bars.

Any of you guys have OEM bars, forward controls? Or do you know if there is an aftermarket replica of the OEM parts? I could probably deal with the controls that are on
the bike, but I for sure want to repalce the apes back to OEM.  (This bike is local that I'd want to put back to stock)

Or, does anyone live in San Antonio and recomed a good shipping company that can get a bike to WI?

bad00serg:
Message sent re a shipper.

The 2009 was a one year bike...many changes from the 2007-2008, and nothing like it 2010 to current.  So, yes, finding used parts is nearly impossible!  Even finding an aftermarket exhaust to fit this bike is challenging. 

jamala00:

--- Quote from: bad00serg on March 16, 2023, 02:18:54 PM ---Message sent re a shipper.

The 2009 was a one year bike...many changes from the 2007-2008, and nothing like it 2010 to current.  So, yes, finding used parts is nearly impossible!  Even finding an aftermarket exhaust to fit this bike is challenging.

--- End quote ---

Thx... I seen your message and I did contact him. We'll see what he comes back with. I think I've given up on the local bike. I don't want the mods he has and it looks next to impossible to get it back to stock. I'll just look for one that is stock. That one in San Antonio is a gem. We'll have to see if I can work that out. Being a private seller makes it more difficult dealing with funds.

TrAnc:
hey
2007 and 2008 bars are lower , but there is additional 1" between risers and top triple tree clamp (due to tachometer) . In 2009 there is different handlebar what is higher but without those 1" adapters . So in total they are very similiar. I have also 2007-2008 version in my 09 but I will install 1" riser adapter.

jamala00:

--- Quote from: TrAnc on March 16, 2023, 03:50:15 PM ---hey
2007 and 2008 bars are lower , but there is additional 1" between risers and top triple tree clamp (due to tachometer) . In 2009 there is different handlebar what is higher but without those 1" adapters . So in total they are very similiar. I have also 2007-2008 version in my 09 but I will install 1" riser adapter.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for that info!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version