Custom Vehicle Discussions > Screamin' Eagle® Fat Boy®

New CVO SEFB

(1/2) > >>

FG_ON_A_CVOFB:
I just brought a 05 se Fatboy.  It was love at first sight.  I am having one problem the bike is hard to shift and it will not go in neutral unless I turn the bike off.  I am not sure if this is part of the break in mode or I should take it back for some adjustments.  Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem.  Would like some feedback!

reo:

--- Quote ---I just brought a 05 se Fatboy.
--- End quote ---

reo:

--- Quote ---i "HAD" the same exact
--- End quote ---

2soaper:
Mine has a bit of problem when first starting out.  I shift into first gear just fine and then second no problem.  By then I arrive at the first stop sign near my home.  When I shift back down to first and accelerate from the stop sign and then try shifting to second I really have to force it into second gear.  This problem goes away after the bike is good and warmed up.  I'm thinking the oil is the issue or maybe some sort of adjustment needs done.

mfgreen:

--- Quote ---Mine has a bit of problem when first starting out.  I shift into first gear just fine and then second no problem.  By then I arrive at the first stop sign near my home.  When I shift back down to first and accelerate from the stop sign and then try shifting to second I really have to force it into second gear.  This problem goes away after the bike is good and warmed up.  I'm thinking the oil is the issue or maybe some sort of adjustment needs done.
--- End quote ---

Not certain of your mileage.  I have found this to be a problem with many bikes using the syn-3 in the tranny, which I think is what yours was delivered with.   Other manufacturer's synthetic lubricants have been discussed in several threads and seem to have consistantly better results than the syn-3 with less wear associated with their use.  As the direction to guide you in, I don't know what you want to do except shift easier and I think a lubricant changeover would accomplish that for you.
Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version