CVO Technical > Intake/Exhaust/ECM

What's up with SE II's on Harley Website?

(1/3) > >>

psycho:
Hey guys, in another string, the discussioin centered on hi-flow air cleaners, exhausts, and ecm recalibrations and its relationship to federal regulations. I personally wll hold on to my stock mufflers, etc. for the day that NH brings the hammer down regarding noise/emissions. I don't think grandfathering will happen. Environment seems kinda hostile toward motorcycles anyway. So I don't think they will grandfather anything.

On that note, I have noticed that Harley no longer has any alternative exhausts listed under accessories (for all models) other than the slip-ons which I understand to be street legal. What happened to the others --shotguns, slip-fits (SEII's) etc.? Why removed? Did Harley respond to some governmental pressure? Are they aware of some impending change? Is something going on here?  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]    

rturn2mow:
I'll be damned....you are right. The parts you mention are now only listed under Screaming Eagle in the 2004 parts book mixed up with the slip fit mufflers on pages 488 to 503. I could not find them on the MoCos web site either. Hmmmmm.... ???...I am sure that they used to be there too. I even did an advanced search for 2 into 1's and it was a no go.

naitram:
might be they werent making any money on them, to many aftermarket performace setups to compete with?

Johnny:
I was at my dealer yesterday and noticed that they had a seperate catalog entitled "Screamin Eagle Pro Racing Parts".  I picked up a copy and in going through it I noticed there were many references  to "Racing Application Only" and for use "off street" etc. more than the standard catalog.  I suspect that harley is trying to seperate the SE stuff from there regular book to lessen any problems from the EPA.  This may also be the reason that some items have been taken off of the web site.

By the way, the SE catalog has some very interesting sections dealing with basic performance descriptions that I found informative.  

Doc:
The MoCo site has the Screaming Eagle catalog for download now.  It is like 50 pages long, but this might explain why the parts are no longer found elsewhere.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version