CVO Social > Pictures

Recent improvements

(1/92) > >>

Buy early:
Have done a few mods and added a few things since I purchased my bike in July.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=26287.msg426247#msg426247

Posting some photos to show what I've done. Always interested in feedback. The goal here is to personalize and dress up the bike as well as to make it more functional. Chrome being one the things that does both - it obviously dresses up the bike and makes it so much more functional as each chrome tidbit creates another mirror-like surface for you to see your reflection in! Another opportunity on this particular bike is adding gold items. Trying to stop short of "Pimp my ride" status, may have failed already.

We'll start with the footpeg additions. Added 3 sets of Kuryakyn flamin pegs (two pair are the flamin switchblades). Actually came out better than planned. I now have a virtual floorbaord from the lower portion of the swingout section to the top of the highway peg yet can close the swingarm and go back to a more standard look. The set I put on the passenger peg position keeps the passengers heel off the pipes, greatly reducing (almost eliminating) the molten shoe sole problem.

Buy early:
Switchblade peg closed

Buy early:
Here's a shot of the passenger peg open

Buy early:
My first gold mod was adding a pair of Kuryakyn flamin grips. Prior to mounting, I removed the rubber isogrip portion and took them to a detail shop and had the chrome removed and gold applied. Not sure how durable the gold will be but they turned out pretty cool. Near as I can tell they added about 2 HP per grip, torque figures did not change. Also added a Kuryakyn helmet lock end to the grip. Pay no attention to the fat guy in the mirror!

Buy early:
Next gold mod was purchasing a pair of HD flame rear turn signals and making another trip to the detail shop for a slightly more delicate operation. Mr. Gold man stripped the chrome off just the raised flame portion of each signal and golded the flame. Photo is a bit blurry bit I think you get the idea.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version