CVO Technical > Intake/Exhaust/ECM

rinehart exhaust

(1/1)

SERK103:
my set up:  Ness big sucker air cleaner, rineharts w/2.25" baffles,  race tuner software.

bike runs like glass although @ 2300-2900 rpms the bike LOST 8-10 ft-lbs of torque from the stock set up.  then @ 3000 rpm it shoots upward.  My air fuel ratio is around 13.6-13.8 so i don't think it is a question of af mixture.  I do think the problem lies in the baffle size.  I talked to Bub Ent. and the original baffle was 2.5"- it was "too loud"  they said,  so the standard size now is 2 1/4" - a great sounding pipe but performance is almost the same as the 2.5" .   According to the dyno results posted on bub website the 2" baffle will get one back to the 88-90 ft-lbs @ low end.  It will sound a bit quieter but i think i'll deal.  If this doesn't do it.....tw5 woods cams here i come!!!!!!  just my opinion and advice for other fellow rinehart owners that are in need of the low end boost.   the 2" baffle are 80 bucks from BUB.

JCZ:
Serk 103 the dip at the front of the power curve is typical with dual exhaust.  Some are worse than others but if you want to totally illiminate the dip you'll have to switch to a 2 into 1 exhaust such as Thunderheader, Vance & Hines Pro Pipe, White Bros. E, SuperTrapp, and a couple others.

You can review some of the dyno sheets posted on this web site and see what I'm referring to.

SERK103:
i saw what you had posted...excellent info.   I think going too the 2" baffle will "at least" get me back too stock torque range at 2200-3000rpm.  And as you stated, with this type exhaust, this is the best i'll get. thanks, serk103

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version