Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: dri wash  (Read 1512 times)

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
dri wash
« on: September 21, 2009, 10:33:55 PM »

anyone know of or used this product?http://waterless-wash.com/ultraion.htm went to the rod run in gatlinburg and bought the product after watching the demo.  its called dri wash-ultra ion formula. :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 01:27:17 PM by smkymtnboy »

Air-Cooled

• Full CVO Member
Re: dri wash
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 06:50:38 AM »

I've used it. It is sort of like the Honda Spray, but never use it on a dirty bike or you'll just grind the surface dirt into your bike.

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 08:31:25 AM »

air cooled do u like the stuff or is there better products out there. i have not used the stuff yet. kinda of waiting til i hear from some folks who have usied the product. thanks
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 08:33:50 AM by smkymtnboy »

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 08:55:25 AM »

I've used it. It is sort of like the Honda Spray, but never use it on a dirty bike or you'll just grind the surface dirt into your bike.

That would be the common sense reaction, but there again if you read the fancy script in their ad they don't say that.  According to them, this stuff will emulsify, lift, and surround the nasties so the cloth will just whisk them away without hurting the surface.  And of course I always believe everything I read by these hucksters fine upstanding advertisers.

I'm still waiting for the magical product that I can apply one time and it then actually repels dirt and bugs and road grime, allowing nothing to actually adhere to the paint.  Then there will be no need for this type of "magical" product to clean the paint.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Air-Cooled

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 10:40:55 AM »

air cooled do u like the stuff or is there better products out there. i have not used the stuff yet. kinda of waiting til i hear from some folks who have usied the product. thanks

It worked well, but my recollection is that it was fairly pricey. The Honda spray works equally well and is cheaper.

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 09:25:49 AM »

:huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Most of the "in between" wash and wax items do a very good job (if you use them often enough) of extending the wax life.  They do a good job of cleaning the oil , exhaust and other chemical particulates that eat away at the wax and paint but are not easily seen.

Use the same basic stuff from Meguiar's called "the Ultimate Quick Detailer" on my bike and vette for years.  The wax stuf is called "NXT".  Goes on easy and lasts a long time.  I wax both at least every six months so I don't know if it lasts longer.

The "quick detailer is " the missing link between washing and waxing" and yes it is amazing how much rode grime it takes off without scratching the paint.

A little pricey but easy to use and looks great.
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 2007 SE Ultra, D&D, Stage I, TMAT Metzlers
Former 2006 Dragonfly Ultra
Former 1999 Road King

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 21 queries.