Custom Vehicle Discussions > CVO™ Breakout™

Apes on Breakout ??

(1/25) > >>

gunut:
Just Looking for alittle better handle bar .
Thinking about some type of apes ?
What do you think ?
HD has 2 bars pull back and 14 , dont know if pull backs are farther than the cvo (just make standard farther back)

CowboyBagger:
I am going to look into putting the pullback risers that are on the standard Breakout on the CVO.   It looks like they should make the stock handlebars 3" taller and 2" closer.  On the standard, does anyone know if the tach is attached to the risers or the clamp?  I've heard both ways, but haven't taken time to find out for sure.  I might need to order the can that the tach sets in from the standard so I'll get the right angle when it's all back together.

If I don't go that route, I'm looking at going with some mini apes.  I think 10" on this bike will be plenty, maybe even less.  I saw a thread that Bassani had for the Breakout that looked like they had the bars from a CVO Convertible on and they looked really good.  I'm not sure what size bars are on a 12 Convertible?

Thoughts and suggestions are always appreciated on this forum.  

Cowboy

RedMoon:

--- Quote from: gunut on April 20, 2013, 01:01:45 PM ---Just Looking for alittle better handle bar .
Thinking about some type of apes ?
What do you think ?
HD has 2 bars pull back and 14 , dont know if pull backs are farther than the cvo (just make standard farther back)

--- End quote ---
Have a look at this link   http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=82218.0

Dobeman2000:
I would love to go 10' apes, but don't want to spend all the money on the new cables that would need to go with it.

CowboyBagger:
I'm guessing that a +4 brake and clutch would run somewhere around 200.  Bars would be 300 to 350.  Total somewhere around 500.  Then labor, but according to my wife, I'm worthless so that would be zero!

Cowboy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version