Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Royal Blue Wax  (Read 54850 times)

Gkup

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 Street Glide
Re: Royal Blue Wax
« Reply #135 on: February 21, 2015, 07:24:43 AM »

I used the link you had to the website and see you can buy the product for $14.95. I was in Rosemont ,Il for the Progressive Bike show and picked up the same size bottle along with free micro fibre towel and a bottle of free bike wash for only $20.00. Huh!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #136 on: February 21, 2015, 10:20:01 AM »

Not in this group.... wax or polish I would guess it would be in the 90 percentile that use something.

Number might even be 95%.

True dat.

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG- light/dark Candy Cherry-sold
« Reply #137 on: February 21, 2015, 03:47:49 PM »

Gave the whole car top to bottom the Royal Blue treatment the other day, wheels, windows ... everything. This is great stuff to work with and easiest wax I ever used.
2014 Ultra Limited*Daytona Blue Pearl
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG- light/dark Candy Cherry-sold
« Reply #138 on: February 21, 2015, 03:52:40 PM »

Made the plastic headlight lenses crystal clear.
2014 Ultra Limited*Daytona Blue Pearl
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #139 on: March 18, 2015, 09:16:28 PM »

I asked the dope selling the Product in Daytona what I thought was a simple question, Only two ways a wax can be classified a "Cleaner/Wax". One is abrasive, no matter how major or minor and the other is a chemical. Can have both but to be a cleaner you MUST have at least one. He thought for a few seconds and said neither, just good product, When I asked what in the product made it a cleaner besides "good product", he smiled and moved to next person standing there telling him how it cleaned without abrasives. That ended it for me, I will stay with Mothers.

Jbbrown73

• Elite CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RG Ultra
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI (Brandywine)
« Reply #140 on: March 19, 2015, 08:48:49 AM »

I waxed my blue bike with the blue wax this weekend, and they seem to be a match made in heaven!
Carterville, (Southern) Illinois (that would be 350 miles south of Chicago)

mrambo4

• Full CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2016 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO3: 2015 CVO Street Glide. 2014 CVO Soft tail
« Reply #141 on: March 29, 2015, 11:51:37 PM »

I like the stuff.  We had some stuff around here called wax shop, and it did a very good job, but think it was really more of a cleaner than a wax.  The royal blue wax does to seem the give the paint a little more depth. 

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #142 on: June 07, 2015, 05:50:30 AM »

Placed a nice fresh coat on the scooter yesterday!  Today the trailer gets it's first cost on the "royal" treatment!

Badger Mike

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2017 Indian Jack Daniels Edition Chieftan
    • CVO3: 2019 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #143 on: June 07, 2015, 10:03:55 AM »

CVODON, what makes Mothers a "cleaner wax"?  I've been happy with Royal Blue, but if there is another product that does a better job, I'll try it!
The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, those are really good days.

sneezy

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • LA

• CVO1: 2015 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #144 on: August 05, 2015, 09:01:30 PM »

I took the advice and went with the Royal Blue. It did great. Thanks everyone for posting.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #145 on: August 05, 2015, 10:21:39 PM »

I will admit that I am a "late adopter" of just about everything. Took me a couple of years to try Glare and after was their biggest fan including posting up on here about how great the product is which I still believe is the case but about a year ago after reading about Royal Blue almost every night I did on a whim send away for their Spray detailer but when I got it I decided to just stick with Glare's spray on detailer (Blast). Though the Glare product does work great, it is a PIA to use with even the spray on taking quite a bit of elbow grease to apply but as I said, I am a late adopter so I just stuck with it. Last weekend I did around 300 miles and when i stopped at my office to clean up my bike and catch up on some emails, both my bottles of Blast sprayer nosils broke when I went to use them so I either had to wait until I got home or use the Royal Blue that had been in my drawer since I got it.
I will now admit that as soon as I stayed it on and it wiped off so easy on the first try I was amazed! I did my entire bike in les than half the time it would have taken me with the Blast and looks at least as good. I went right to my computer and ordered their wax and look forward to trying that next week. I may be slow at trying new things but I will admit when the new thing works.
Alan

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #146 on: August 05, 2015, 10:33:37 PM »

I will admit that I am a "late adopter" of just about everything. Took me a couple of years to try Glare and after was their biggest fan including posting up on here about how great the product is which I still believe is the case but about a year ago after reading about Royal Blue almost every night I did on a whim send away for their Spray detailer but when I got it I decided to just stick with Glare's spray on detailer (Blast). Though the Glare product does work great, it is a PIA to use with even the spray on taking quite a bit of elbow grease to apply but as I said, I am a late adopter so I just stuck with it. Last weekend I did around 300 miles and when i stopped at my office to clean up my bike and catch up on some emails, both my bottles of Blast sprayer nosils broke when I went to use them so I either had to wait until I got home or use the Royal Blue that had been in my drawer since I got it.
I will now admit that as soon as I stayed it on and it wiped off so easy on the first try I was amazed! I did my entire bike in les than half the time it would have taken me with the Blast and looks at least as good. I went right to my computer and ordered their wax and look forward to trying that next week. I may be slow at trying new things but I will admit when the new thing works.

Great news!  I was the first to brag about this product years ago because it was made in my home town.  Everyone laughed and remained doubtful.  I smiled and continued to wax away.  Then one of the guys bought some at a cycle event and told of his experience on the site.  Wouldn't you know that all the guys jumped on the band wagon.   ??? 
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

ChopperPilot

• 1K CVO Member
    • MO

• CVO1: 2023 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2020 FLHXSE (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2014 FXSBSE (Sold)
« Reply #147 on: August 07, 2015, 04:53:41 PM »

Ordered some Royal Blue today, hopefully it lives up to the hype.
2023 CVO Street Glide
Whiskey Neat
Khrome Werks Duals

2019 Heritage Classic 114 Special
Silver Flux and Black Fuse
Rinehart 2 into 1 Pipe
Screamin' Eagle Super Tuner

2014 CVO Breakout
Hard Candy Sedona Sand and Blaze Orange
Vance & Hines Big Radius 2 into 2 Pipes
Screamin' Eagle Super Tuner

ONE2BAJA

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: 2023 CVO Road Glide FLTRXSE Dark Platium 121vvt
« Reply #148 on: August 07, 2015, 07:00:20 PM »

Ordered it, waxed it, love it!
"The difference between success and failure is the ability to work with a hangover"

ultrarider123

« Reply #149 on: September 25, 2015, 10:46:02 AM »

Update to my Royal Blue usage.  I've been itching to try Zymol for years and found a small sample bottle recently (it's really expensive for a wax...which is why I had never bought it).  While the Royal Blue and to a lesser degree the S100 will always be on my cleaning shelf, it will now be joined by Zymol.  I was very pleased with how it brought the color out on the SERGU and seems to last a bit longer than the R.B.  Just my two cents....
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 22 queries.