Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Author Topic: Motorcycle Lifts  (Read 30310 times)

wachuko

• Dr. Pending Projects
  • Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black - Gone
    • CVO2: 2012 Road Glide Custom CVO in Candy Cobalt-Twilight Blue - Gone
Re: Motorcycle Lifts
« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2015, 03:49:22 PM »

Just saw this... Special on them that ends today...299.99. Credit card here it goes...

http://t.harborfreight.com/1000-lb-capacity-motorcycle-lift-68892-8495.html?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2315b_fd&utm_source=1021&cid=mEmail_s1021_c2315b_fd&utm_referrer=direct%2Fnot%20provided

Along with this to replace the one in there now...

But reading the reviews is not encouraging... a lot of comments on the pump/hydraulic bottle failing and not able to get parts... crap...

The one from Redline Engineering is the same one... but they add a different wheel stand/chock and the ability to an air line to activate the pump/hydraulic bottle... but not sure if it is worth the $ (499.95 + shipping which is not cheap for such a heavy item) with the current HF special (that I can pick up locally)... 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281165410883?item=281165410883&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:X:AAQ:MOTORS:1123&vxp=mtr

« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 04:31:22 PM by wachuko »
Ride Safe!
Wachuko

2016 Softail Slim S
2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black with Aztec Shadow graphics. Gone!

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2015, 04:16:35 PM »

before you slap that cc down, see if you can find one of them 20% coupons......
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

CVO Couple

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • SC

• CVO1: 2015 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2008 FXSTC Anniversary
« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2015, 04:47:32 PM »

Get the 68892 model if they have it, its got a stronger frame than 69904. I have the 68892 and it works perfect even with the big bike on it. The safety bar is garbage (bends) but easily fixed with a trip to the steel yard. HF wouldn't let me use a 20% off on it when it was on sale for $299. Also look at item # 69026 or 60392 for the wheel chock. I removed the bottom plate and bolted it to the deck of the lift.

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2015, 05:55:33 PM »

HF wouldn't let me use a 20% off on it when it was on sale for $299.

i've heard of some folks getting lucky and them doing it, while others (probably like me) wouldn't be able to.  it's worth a try though.  i'd love a lift table, but i don't have room for one right now.
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

wachuko

• Dr. Pending Projects
  • Elite CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2015, 06:00:06 PM »

Get the 68892 model if they have it, its got a stronger frame than 69904. I have the 68892 and it works perfect even with the big bike on it. The safety bar is garbage (bends) but easily fixed with a trip to the steel yard. HF wouldn't let me use a 20% off on it when it was on sale for $299. Also look at item # 69026 or 60392 for the wheel chock. I removed the bottom plate and bolted it to the deck of the lift.

I went with my son to the local store just a few minutes ago, with the intention of buying it, but the bad reviews kept me from pulling the trigger... oh well... I will continue to work on the bikes with what I have.
Ride Safe!
Wachuko

2016 Softail Slim S
2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black with Aztec Shadow graphics. Gone!

wachuko

• Dr. Pending Projects
  • Elite CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #65 on: June 07, 2015, 06:02:28 PM »

I went with my son to the local store just a few minutes ago, with the intention of buying it, but the bad reviews kept me from pulling the trigger... oh well... I will continue to work on the bikes with what I have.

Very true... the new store that opened close to where I live, would not take it.  But I have been able to use them on the store that I used to go (same situation but on one of those lift table for engines that was on special and the lady there took the discount coupon as well).

Sorry to the OP for the thread hi-jack... back to normal programming
Ride Safe!
Wachuko

2016 Softail Slim S

DALE#3

• SOFTAIL UPDATE
  • Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MA

« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2015, 06:48:33 AM »

I have an old lift I bought at Sears and it works great.  I strap the bike down just to be safe.  I use the floorboards on each side and have never had a problem, stable as a rock!  I put mine on the lift quite a bit to clean it.  Keeps me from having to bend over (bad back) and easy to clean the wheels!

Yup same one for yrs.The area that the handle pin's in needed to be rewelded cause i rotate the scoot while lifted.Not really designed to do that
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll171/Dei3and8/client_PART_1440119563505_20150820_202904.jpeg
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 10:07:38 PM by DALE#3 »

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2015, 06:03:17 PM »

Mine just rusted off. I bought the aluminum lift from HF and put my bike on it and even though it said 1500 lbs capacity it barely lifted it then was very unstable lifted so let it down and returned to HF and bought another Sears unit, heavy but much more stable for me.

adkg12

• Full CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2007 FLHRSE3 - CVO Screaming Eagle Road King.
« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2015, 09:11:52 AM »

I have a Craftsman Lift and I too experienced a failure of the bottle jack that came installed on the lift.  In my opinion I dont think it really worked right from the get go..But I went to Harbour Freight and found a 4ton little bottle and with some drilling and change over, I installed it and now my lift works perfect.  As far as stable, the pads on this jack are wide and long.  I havent really dont have a sense that its going to fall off.  Still yet I do strap it down if I am doing anything more than cleaning and cutting off my pinky..
Glen

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

• CVO1: 2011 CVO RGU...sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO RGU
    • Bull Shoals Photography
« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2015, 01:23:42 AM »

Guys,
If you're looking for a new lift, and cant make up your mind, check out this video:

Seems like these guys tried to do an unbiased job and the tests really opened my eyes.
Watch this before you spend your money, it may help you make a better decision.
Myself, I've got an old Craftsman lift that I've never felt really secure using.  This video opened my eyes to my next purchase.  Hope this helps!
Harry
2017 Eureka Springs MITM Ride Chairman
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

2015 CVO RGU with V&H Power Pro Headers & 4" Monster Rounds & HD-SEPST
2007 Bushtec Turbo+2 Trailer

MrSurly

• Formidable Faux
  • Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2015, 11:36:36 AM »

The video points out a couple of issues to consider that we might not think about, so it's useful. The J&S produced video's clearly not unbiased. "Rocking" the bike certainly looks dramatic compared to "wiggling" the bike.
This video reminds me of a similar pitchhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2EyFNCAX3s by Liberty Safe, "comparing" the pry resistance of their unit vs a cheap competitor's gun safe.

I used to have a Larin jack that was similar to the Craftsman, which is obviously not included in this video.
I put in an in-ground lift so I sold the Larin and don't have a dog in this hunt.
The video is a good idea, maybe there are other videos comparing more models.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 11:51:57 AM by MrSurly »
Rhetorical questions, who needs 'em?

2010FLHTCUSE5
Dethroned Garage Queen, Sullied 2013

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #71 on: July 23, 2015, 11:49:22 AM »

I just purchased a J and S jack and it really does work well.  Its 10 times better than my old Sears jack and pretty easy to store. 

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 1986 FXR Super Glide - antique, but the Evo lives on!
    • A Shot in the Dark
« Reply #72 on: July 23, 2015, 12:00:58 PM »

Its 10 times better than my old Sears jack and pretty easy to store.

I went the same way and purchased a J&S jack - it is a nice device and works well. I have limited space so the reduced footprint of the J&S was a factor in my purchase decision. I store mine vertically against a wall when not in use.

68 XLCH

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2015, 01:54:53 AM »

Just got the J and S jack, tried it out, rock solid, i wouldn't skimp on getting a good quality jack. J and S is solid.
2015 CVO Street Glide Hard Candy Merc/Smoky Qtz Flames, Stage 1, Fulsac pipes, V&H 450's, Passing Lights, CD front turn Signals.

Retired Army and State Police

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited "Wicked"
« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2015, 02:36:01 AM »

I have the pitbull for about 15 years. Replaced one bottle jack. It does hang up near drain on floor but I just keep it away from there. I have climbed and sat on bike without straps. I also have turn table but don't use it. It blocked some of the drains on my older bikes (pre 2010) so I figured better off without it. Also the space it saved working on the one side really wasn't big deal. As for warranty they are great so far. Replaced the spring on lever a few times and the screws which hold unit to the floor to keep from moving a few times. Seems the threads either rust away or wear off. I wash bike and store all winter on it. Also done a lot of service to a bunch of bikes and never a strap or a problem. I think a Kawasaki was a problem once due to it not being flat underneath but I doubt the other lifts would work.  I also have the harbor freight which gets used rarely and only for small jobs when pitbull is occupied. I used to store a sporty on it. Maybe I will put turn table back on and see if the new 2009 up have drains blocked. I really only worry about tranny drain as the oil and primary can be done just fine on ground. My only concern with pitbull will be if the side rails ever rust through. It's a life time warranty but washing bike on it leaves open ends of support rails exposed and have been rusting for years. Last year I flipped it on side, cleaned it up some and sprayed some rustoleum inside the rails to stop it. Maybe new ones are capped or insides treated. But even if not covered I got 15 years for 450 bucks or so. Not bad and still kicking
Will
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 22 queries.