Custom Vehicle Discussions > Screamin' EagleĀ® Electra GlideĀ®

Picking up New Bike

<< < (2/3) > >>

Johnny:
96hog - Congratulations, there was not one dealer in the 16 plus that I called in and around Atlanta that quoted msrp even the ones that had already sold there alotment.  You got a very good buy, at one time I had decided that I would not pay over msrp but after making calls to the dealers realized that I was probably not going to get one if I held out.  Anyway its just money!!

starvin:
Johnny, I got the smoked one, it is only lightly smoked and your not looking through it anyway. All the dealers around here sell for MSRP but the bikes went fast I got the last one of four our dealer got and that was only two days after I first saw them. I put the order in Sept 2
We went through the tour in tomahawk and saw them getting painted it is really an involved process, it takes five days to paint each one.

96hog:
Johnny:
Thanks,I really got lucky on this one!
Like you I called everywhere with no luck
until I found the bike at the other end
of the state in Ft.Wayne.
Enjoy your ride,,,
She's a bute ;)

Starvin:
Tell us more about what you saw at Tomahawk.
Is the motorcycle completely assembled there?

starvin:
They don't assemble them at all they just make all the fiberglass parts and do the painting,if you look in your saddle bags you should find a sticker that says tomahawk. Every year the second weekend after labor day they have a rally in town, that is the only time that H.D. has an open house at the factory. They usually get about 20,000 bikes (alot for a small town in northern Wisconsin) Only bikes are allowed on main street after 5:00p.m. and they set up bands on each end of the street, raised $112,000 for MDA this year and the weather was unusually cold and wet. This is also the first time I saw the flhtcse and the line to ride it for the demo ride would have taken about 2 hours when i told the guy from harley i had one ordered he let me in by it and took my picture with me sitting on it. I would like to

JCZ:
Starvin, 96 Hog and Johnny......you guys get your bikes and we don't hear from you anymore.  Come on guys, share the experiences.

They told me that mine will be late Feb. so I have about three months.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version