Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Armorall car wash wipes  (Read 2545 times)

fuzzymcnab

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Armorall car wash wipes
« on: January 28, 2007, 12:44:02 AM »

I am new to Harleys, but not to cleaning cars and bikes. I use only the car wash wipes but they are discontinued. If anyone has seen them in their local shop, I would really appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks guys!

Rhino

Re: Armorall car wash wipes
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 08:18:02 PM »

Hello Friend,

I can't comment on Armor All wipes, cept what I see at A-zone or Discount A Parts all the time.  BUT, it seems that the clear coats on bikes are not nearly as hard as a car, hence the problem with swirls and giggles forming from tiny dust particles on rags.  Personally, until I proved it to myself, after reading a lot on this site, I spent the good part of a day using Harley Glaze Polish, with a dab of Meguiars Swirl, and then changed my entire philosophy once I had it perfect. I then S100'd the whole thing, which has a tendency to take off the waxes (in this case a good thing) and are ready for the step below.

Nothing touches my bike re cleaning unless there is a microfiber cloth in one hand, and a water hose in the other.  Unitl then, I leave the dirt alone, or risk scratching it up again.   My next step is now GLAZE, which should provide a nice hard coat outer shell.  JMHO.

Rhino

fuzzymcnab

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Armorall car wash wipes
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 10:39:30 PM »

Rhino,

thanks for the input. indeed we need to be careful about dragging dust around the paint. my bikes rarely get more than dusty, and the car wash wipes are wet enough to pick up the dust without dragging it around. my oldest bike right now is a 4 year suzuki, and has never seen water. i do keep a heavy coat of carnuba on it, but the paint is still perfect.

good riding to you

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 24 queries.