Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bike to Bike communication  (Read 1769 times)

Plasmaman

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2
    • Metal Art at The Wells Company
Bike to Bike communication
« on: January 01, 2009, 07:48:39 PM »

Yep, I know this topic has been debated before but please consider this a request for updated information on both older options and perhaps new equipment now on the market. Abby and I plan to purchase bike to bike radios. We have gone back and read the previous posts plus various reviews and have narrowed our choices down to the Interphone Bluetooth Intercom or the Scala Rider Q2. We would greatly appreciate any information both good and bad concerning both systems. We are leaning toward the Scala Rider Q2 until we hear from you fellow riders. We do not think that we want the CB type radio. If there are better systems now available please educate us. Thanks for any info provided.

Plasmaman

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
Re: Bike to Bike communication
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 01:18:41 PM »

I have the Q2 and still is the best option for me. Look for my previous review, still feel the same. Great product for what it is.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Plasmaman

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 05:28:27 PM »

Porthole, thanks for the reply. We plan to go with the Q2. I do have a question on the operation. Is the unit strictly VOX or can you elect to push to talk?

Thanks,
Mike

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 12:27:05 AM »

Either or.

Bike to bike the VOX works pretty good. You just need to say something loud enough to open up the circuit. I usually just say"hey" about a little louder then normal into the mic.

Bets price I found was on ebay.

MV 2013

Plasmaman

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 08:10:51 PM »

Ordered the new "Improved Q2 with MP3 jack" today. Will let you know how well they work for us after we log a few miles. This will be a challenge for the Q2 since I managed to blow myself up a few years back and have artificial ear drums. Yes, FLAT ASS BLEW MYSELF UP and that is another story that will surface at Eureka Springs, AR in May. Bring your cold beer and listen in to what a dumb ass did.

Plasmaman

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 11:40:16 PM »

with a full face the system will play loud enough that I can't listen too it at full volume at speed, and I have some hearing too.

MV 2013

Spider Pig

• CVO1: 2009 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 11:12:39 PM »

My husband and I have the Q2 for bike to bike comm. It works great as long as you have a windshield (we have been using it on our Street Glides). I tried it while on the RG with the stock windshield and couldn't hear anything. Way too much wind! My step-dad has the same set up and runs his cell phone through it. I've talked to him on the phone while he was on the road and it comes through good as well. This set up is a good choice. Ebay seems to have them the cheapest.  :2vrolijk_21:

Plasmaman

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2009, 09:53:34 PM »

Update on our purchase. Abby and I have now purchased the Q2 and found the bike to bike function to be what we needed. We then decided to upgrade to the Nolan 102 helmets and found that the Nolan just did not have enough room for the mike boom. It was forced tightly against our lips and not comfortable. We tried the Shoei modular helmet and decided they would work for us. The new helmets and intercoms are not cheap but the ability to communicate on the road made the purchase worthwhile. Abby can now express her displeasure of my choice of roads without the hand signals. My advice for you looking to purchase intercom and helmets is to try them on before purchasing. Internet sales are great but knowing what you have purchased will fit and work is important or you might find that you have just wasted a lot of money.

Ride safe and will see you in Eureka Springs.
Plasmaman

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 24 queries.