Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 49

Author Topic: JCZ mods have begun.......  (Read 170426 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: JCZ mods have begun.......
« Reply #300 on: October 13, 2009, 11:15:56 AM »

With so much bad press on Corbin's internet/mail order coustomers I'm supprised at just how good their drive in service is. We installed rear crash bars on Melanie's bike months after the new seat and needed it altered. Took it in and they did it for free. 1 1/2 years after I had my seat made I wanted more padding in the backrest. Again, no charge, AND they gave me a chrome back plate for free.

It was probably the one that Terrie left there when she got her black one. :huepfenlol2: 

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #301 on: October 13, 2009, 11:35:24 AM »

It is dissapointing after years of good service via mail and phone...Oh vell, whatcanyoudo? 
Maybe drop a name or two???   :P

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #302 on: October 13, 2009, 01:23:56 PM »

It was probably the one that Terrie left there when she got her black one. :huepfenlol2: 

:2vrolijk_21:  :)

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG
« Reply #303 on: October 13, 2009, 05:51:17 PM »

JC;

You have the 4300K in both bikes ;D The SEEG has the H4 hi/lo and the SESG has the H9's for hi and low beam. Digital ballasts in both as well.

OK Jim I think I've got it....   Xetronic Digital Lighting System - H9 Type (pair)

http://www.xtralights.com/xetronicdigitallightingsystem-h9typepair.aspx

And there is a dropdown menu option "For vehicle with on-board computer warning display"
and the answer should be "NONE"

Myko

• Senior CVO Member
  • Takin' Bug Slayer Home

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE "BUG SLR" Spiced Rum - Yummmm!
    • CVO2: 1985 FLHTC "St Steven", RK conversion, hand paint in Naples, IT
« Reply #304 on: October 13, 2009, 10:41:13 PM »

:jack: this is disappointing to hear about Corbin. I've had a Corbin on my '85 since '98. Have been trying to connect with them to talk about thread color and no reply... I really want to order a seat setup for the Spiced Rum (no pics, 1 month to go).. have heard from 3 different vendors/dealers about Corbin and bad, not just poor, but bad service. Now I hesitate .... ummmmm   :nixweiss:
~~~~~
Mike
------------------------------------------------------
2010 Spiced Rum SESG "Bug Slayer"
Fullsac X pipe & 2.0 baffles
Corbin Classic Solo w/Scarlet Flames
14" Wild1 Chubby Apehangers
Hawg Wired Double Shot
Kuryakyn Driving Lights
Clark Custom Windshield & Deflectors
Performance Machine FL Touring Mirrors (black)
Color matched saddlebag spoilers
Deflectorization
Diamond Polished Stainless Steel Engine bolt kit
---------------------------------------------------

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #305 on: October 14, 2009, 06:44:58 AM »

:jack: this is disappointing to hear about Corbin. I've had a Corbin on my '85 since '98. Have been trying to connect with them to talk about thread color and no reply... I really want to order a seat setup for the Spiced Rum (no pics, 1 month to go).. have heard from 3 different vendors/dealers about Corbin and bad, not just poor, but bad service. Now I hesitate .... ummmmm   :nixweiss:

I ordered a Corbin from Jim at Metal Dragon (HD-Dude) and had it in 10 days!! We were both shocked!!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #306 on: October 14, 2009, 10:03:51 AM »

tjstreetglide sent me some paint color chips for the color that he wanted the thread to match (I think it was for the pin strip flames?) of his spiced rum.  I matched the paint chip to a spool of thread when I was there last week.  He'll post photos after he gets the seat made.

I'm not sure why Corbin isn't answering the phone if you're calling during business hours......they've answered every time I've called.  There are only a couple of women that work in the office and they don't seem to be to customer service oriented. :nixweiss:  Unlike the workers out in the shop......they're very helpful, courteous and professional......they bend over back wards to make you happy.

Even if you get a live person on the phone.......what color are you going to tell them you want?  I mean the color that I matched up to that color chip is a bunch of numbers and letters (ie. Scarlet uv6834tse) which would be different from all the other scarlets.  They're not going to make that call for you, over the phone and there are so many different shades of each color. :nixweiss:

I don't know what the solution is unless you could find somebody headed there that you could send a color chip to.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #307 on: October 14, 2009, 10:05:35 AM »

I ordered a Corbin from Jim at Metal Dragon (HD-Dude) and had it in 10 days!! We were both shocked!!

Easier to do for the blue.....since it's all different shades of blue.  The spiced rum has several different colors in it.

By the way..............   :worthless:

West Coast GTG   

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #308 on: October 14, 2009, 11:20:33 AM »

tjstreetglide sent me some paint color chips for the color that he wanted the thread to match (I think it was for the pin strip flames?) of his spiced rum.  I matched the paint chip to a spool of thread when I was there last week.  He'll post photos after he gets the seat made.

I'm not sure why Corbin isn't answering the phone if you're calling during business hours......they've answered every time I've called.  There are only a couple of women that work in the office and they don't seem to be to customer service oriented. :nixweiss:  Unlike the workers out in the shop......they're very helpful, courteous and professional......they bend over back wards to make you happy.

Even if you get a live person on the phone.......what color are you going to tell them you want?  I mean the color that I matched up to that color chip is a bunch of numbers and letters (ie. Scarlet uv6834tse) which would be different from all the other scarlets.  They're not going to make that call for you, over the phone and there are so many different shades of each color. :nixweiss:

I don't know what the solution is unless you could find somebody headed there that you could send a color chip to.

Hmm somebody with the same bike that that I have and sometimes shows up there when you do...hmmmm
Danngit JC you got me thinkin again...

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG
« Reply #309 on: October 14, 2009, 01:16:01 PM »

Myko, if your wanting a representative who is knowledgeable about your bike to interface for you with Corbin Call JIM!  That is what I intend to do when I am ready.  It is what mjb is doing:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #310 on: October 14, 2009, 02:30:06 PM »

Myko, if your wanting a representative who is knowledgeable about your bike to interface for you with Corbin Call JIM!  That is what I intend to do when I am ready.  It is what mjb is doing:

You're right about Jim.  However, color choices still have to be done in person since there are so many choices.  You think it's hard to tell the color of a CVO by photos........wait till you see 12 shades of scarlet (I'm sure they all look the same in a photo). :nixweiss:

West Coast GTG   

Kevinski

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 and lovin' it
    • CVO2: FLSTSE2 and loved it but sold it
    • CVO3: FLHXSE Tequila (sold)
« Reply #311 on: October 14, 2009, 02:40:02 PM »

Has anyone put a Hollywood Solo on yet? I have a Classic Solo (no problems) on my CUSE and fancied a change.

Myko

• Senior CVO Member
  • Takin' Bug Slayer Home

« Reply #312 on: October 15, 2009, 04:33:39 AM »

JC: Sounds like you and tjsstreetglide have done exactly what I need. I want to get in the ballpark on the color of the pinstripe of a Spiced Rum. Do you recall which thread you matched up?
I did talk to Jim a couple of weeks ago, and he hasn't matched up a Spiced Rum yet, but said that one way to approach it was to choose a leather material from the website that matched and have corbin match the thread to that. I did, and in the various photos I have of the spiced rum, the Orange Vinyl appears the closest of the coverings on the web site that will match up.
As Jim said, the color of the thread will change over time and will darken. Getting an exact match, especially from remote, will prove impossible.. all I would like is to get in the ballpark on the thread color.
The phone recording sez the hours are 6a to 6p to reach via phone and I've called ~5p and left a message. Sent request via the web site form.
If you could post the color thread that matched up with tjstreetglides paint chips, and if tjstreetglide can confirm that the color was for the pinstripe, then  :orange: I'm there and can order!
Yesterday: 40 degrees, wet -- ummmmmm a heated seat sure sounds nice!
~~~~~
Mike
Hawg Wired Double Shot
Kuryakyn Driving Lights
Deflectorization

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #313 on: October 15, 2009, 07:24:11 PM »

JC: Sounds like you and tjsstreetglide have done exactly what I need. I want to get in the ballpark on the color of the pinstripe of a Spiced Rum. Do you recall which thread you matched up?
I did talk to Jim a couple of weeks ago, and he hasn't matched up a Spiced Rum yet, but said that one way to approach it was to choose a leather material from the website that matched and have corbin match the thread to that. I did, and in the various photos I have of the spiced rum, the Orange Vinyl appears the closest of the coverings on the web site that will match up.
As Jim said, the color of the thread will change over time and will darken. Getting an exact match, especially from remote, will prove impossible.. all I would like is to get in the ballpark on the thread color.
The phone recording sez the hours are 6a to 6p to reach via phone and I've called ~5p and left a message. Sent request via the web site form.
If you could post the color thread that matched up with tjstreetglides paint chips, and if tjstreetglide can confirm that the color was for the pinstripe, then  :orange: I'm there and can order!
Yesterday: 40 degrees, wet -- ummmmmm a heated seat sure sounds nice!

I believe the color chip that he sent me was a match to the pin stripe on the spiced rum. 

The label on the spool of thread:   BZT 69 Nylon 1 lb. KS
                                               Scarlet 2003  33453
                                               Bonded TR35 QUV

I believe it's probably the second line that's the color, but wanted to include everything so that nothing is missed.

Everybody's taste is different.  With the spiced rum, if it were me, I'd probably go with a black seat with a shade of brown thread for the stitch pattern and I'd do it in the same pattern that Jon had done. :2vrolijk_21:  I'm not one for the light or bright colored seats.  I wear blue or black levis and the light colored leather in our BMW shows it after a couple of years.  Just not practical for somebody that wears jeans.

West Coast GTG   

Myko

• Senior CVO Member
  • Takin' Bug Slayer Home

« Reply #314 on: October 15, 2009, 08:21:38 PM »

Thanks JC. I've PM'd TJ and he'll let me know how it matches.
Agree with you on the black seat. I ride too much and black is practical while looking good. Plan to go with the stitching (flames) to match, or come in close, to the flames pin stripe on the SR.. (not really original, but I like it and it goes with the theme)
~~~~~
Mike
Hawg Wired Double Shot
Kuryakyn Driving Lights
Deflectorization
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 49

Page created in 0.205 seconds with 21 queries.