Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: i phone tom tom  (Read 896 times)

trwtow

• Elite CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 19 roadglide mako shark
i phone tom tom
« on: July 26, 2010, 06:36:46 PM »

has anyone bought the tom tom app for their i phone cost 49.95 just got my i phone im always 10 yrs behind the times got riders claw coming. tried couple of the cheap nav apps but no luck. thanks terry
04 cvo duece blue sold
06 electaglide classic sold
10 sesg concorde sold
12 sesg ruby sold
17 sesg orange sold
19 cvo roadglide mako
and washboy for wifes softail deluxe

SteveFLHTK

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2013 Tri Glide

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUTG
Re: i phone tom tom
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 06:39:13 PM »

I wouldn't trust the GPS on the iPhone.  I have a more expensive/supposedly better app for my iPhone, and it doesn't compare to something like the Garmin nuvi's.

Jcarl08

• Junior CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
    • SPIARTSgraphics
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 07:26:57 AM »

Say Steve my TomTom work great, and I love my iPhone.  I purchased my app when it was introduce for $99 US & Canada. Trwtow you will have to do and purchase several things before it works for you.  Get it mounted.  I finally made my mount with a bicycle parts and cell phone mounts. I do not mount my phone until I need it. The guys make jokes until we get lost. I did not like the H-D tank mount for personal reasons, but it is an option.  Than you need a power wiring harness form UNIQ Cycle Sounds has a great version. This along makes the difference. Plug your wiring into your sound system or ears and move on down the road.  I cannot monitor the screen along, but when prompt I can glance and maintain my barrings.  I purchased a Garmins 12 year ago and mounted it on an Ultra's DC.  Need a pic's let me know

PS: Look up the app Dynolicious   
Jcarl
• I picked up my pal October 12, 2007
This is my slogan coined years ago, "I love to ride and ride what I love" I am an artist and photographer down in Houston, Texas that loves the two wheel experience.

trwtow

• Elite CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 19 roadglide mako shark
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 03:12:52 PM »

Say Steve my TomTom work great, and I love my iPhone.  I purchased my app when it was introduce for $99 US & Canada. Trwtow you will have to do and purchase several things before it works for you.  Get it mounted.  I finally made my mount with a bicycle parts and cell phone mounts. I do not mount my phone until I need it. The guys make jokes until we get lost. I did not like the H-D tank mount for personal reasons, but it is an option.  Than you need a power wiring harness form UNIQ Cycle Sounds has a great version. This along makes the difference. Plug your wiring into your sound system or ears and move on down the road.  I cannot monitor the screen along, but when prompt I can glance and maintain my barrings.  I purchased a Garmins 12 year ago and mounted it on an Ultra's DC.  Need a pic's let me know

PS: Look up the app Dynolicious   
thanks im gonna try it already have riders claw one more question can you run tom tom app and ipod same time
04 cvo duece blue sold
06 electaglide classic sold
10 sesg concorde sold
12 sesg ruby sold
17 sesg orange sold
19 cvo roadglide mako
and washboy for wifes softail deluxe

tompen

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 05:04:39 PM »

I have an Iphone 4 32 Gig and I put the tomtom app. on it and I love it. Very user friendly. I don't think it gets and holds the satellites as well as my Nuvi though. There is a windshield mount for about $100.00 with an external antenna and speaker. I might have to try that. It's worth $50.00 just for the entertainment factor. My opinion.

Jcarl08

• Junior CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
    • SPIARTSgraphics
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2010, 11:15:31 PM »

If I understand your question correctly, yes you can play your iPod and TomTom at the same time.  Any iPod with 3G standards the most recent operating system will also perform this task.  I am also an iPhone 4/32 and Jobs and the gang thought of everything.  The option is on TomTom’s screen.  I unfortunately am not very good at do all four or five things at the same time, focus on the route, listen to music, and look on the screen and pay attention to TomTom at the same time, God forbid if I must touch something.  My wife refused to ride with me when I pulled out that Garmin’s.  So I learn to plan my route before taking off.  I do a screen snap of the map than print it with WePrint Server and clamp it to my windshield.  It is always in the last10 to 5 miles of my destination that I need TomTom.

VisualMap is another good app when planning a group ride or just keeping a record of places and trips.  You can point at a places of interest or restaurants, and take a picture of the location, with the map pinned to the destination using screen shot of those final 10 miles.

I notice that there is another app NAVIGON for $80. The price will drop and there is very little difference between the two apps.

I subscribe to TomTom Traffic.  It is a good resource in real-time of road problems and ways to get around them.  This option a great option for any vehicle.     
Jcarl
• I picked up my pal October 12, 2007
This is my slogan coined years ago, "I love to ride and ride what I love" I am an artist and photographer down in Houston, Texas that loves the two wheel experience.

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 21 queries.