Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Speakers?? Hawg wired or Hog tunes?  (Read 4127 times)

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
Re: Speakers?? Hawg wired or Hog tunes?
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2011, 10:24:15 AM »

"sounds great"!

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2011, 10:39:05 AM »

Lou,
   My neighbors are used to me by now. When a truck shows up on a Saturday and 40 or so "Biker Types" park their rides on the front lawn and unpack a semi trailer still wearing their patches, they knew the neighborhood was about to change.  BTW, since I moved in, there hasn't been any trouble or violence at all    ::)
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2011, 05:27:24 PM »

Alright......now it moves into a second day of searching.  I like the spec's on the Polk Audio DXi525's, I was looking at the Polk audio MM521's and actually like them better, but can't determine if they're marine grade speakers or not.  Then throw the Yaffee set into the mix (they're probably made in the same factory), but then again with the adapters, you can put a 6.5" speaker in the same hole as the stock 5.25" ones.  Now I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to sound, and certainly want the best (btw, doesn't mean spending the most money), but am I just being a total A$$hole about this and buy the Polks and be done with it????? :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

I don't like taking that freakin' fairing on and off, so I just want to do this once.  Any thoughts?????

_Beags
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

HarleyJoe

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE5 black #830
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2011, 08:04:57 PM »

Polk Audio's website does state that the MM521 speaker is a marine grade speaker. I currently have J&M's front and rear and am actually disappointed with sound quality. I came across this thread and it has me thinking about purchasing some Polk Audio speakers.

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2011, 08:15:07 PM »

Joe,
   Thanks for the heads up on the Polks, sorry that you're disappointed with the set up you have (as I was with the Hawg Wired set up that I bought).  I think that the MM521 is the way that I'll go, but as you know, as with everything else......next week there will be something better. This topic has been thrown around for years, and many opinions were heard but we ALL know what sounds good at 90mph (actually I like it loud so I don't have to my BSR.....LOL).

Cheers!

_Beags

HarleyJoe

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE5 black #830
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2011, 09:06:03 PM »

I agree with you 100%. The J&M's just don't do it for me. I like loud and clear not just loud. Always seem to be chasing what the other guy has.
Did a search and Polk has, open box "displayed only" 521s for $90 a pair with free shipping on Ebay. The thought of taking the fairing off again haunts me. LOL

Joe

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2011, 09:33:27 PM »

7 screws hold that fairing on... 3 on the top{outside}   and 4 on the inside..   lots of people cover the passing lamps with a pair of socks ,,, its really no big deal,,  get a magnetic torx driver #27 and it comes off in a minute... those polk speakers work great..  you will love em.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2011, 07:47:29 AM »

Have heard the Hogtunes as compared to my Hogwired on my 07 jester  My opinion is HW was better noticeably.  Have heard J & M's on a number of bikes & the 7.5 with the cone adapter deal are good.  All are better than HD stock which is not saying much. 

If possible may try to find an actual live display with those Polks.  May try a boat suppy house like West Marine.  Would be good to actually hear them.  That was what impressed me at Yaffes booth in Daytona.  Heard a lot of speaker setups on the same day & those Fosgates - unamped - were impressive as to clarity & loudness Plus they were cheaper than just about everything else I heard at Daytona.  Amped, they ROCKED!

Stock speakers on my 10 are still ok (for what they are) but after a year or so on the 07 the stock speakers were crapping out (weak & fuzzy) so probably just a matter of time for me to replace these.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2011, 10:55:55 AM »

Iski,
    Speakers are just like underwear...........you gotta change them every couple of years ;D

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2011, 11:11:24 AM »

Heard a lot of speaker setups on the same day & those Fosgates - unamped - were impressive as to clarity & loudness Plus they were cheaper than just about everything else I heard at Daytona.  Amped, they ROCKED!

http://www.baggernation.com/products-stereo.htm
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2011, 11:19:48 AM »

I don't like taking that freakin' fairing on and off, so I just want to do this once.  Any thoughts?????

_Beags

Are you kidding  ???  I heard Yaffee's set up at AZ Bike Week and it blew the crowd away especially when he hooked up his Bushtec rolling mega amp'd sound system for good measure. Those speakers in the bag lids are beyond cool, what a great innovater Yaffee is. 

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2011, 03:41:37 PM »

Iski,
    Speakers are just like underwear...........you gotta change them every couple of years ;D
:drink:  Damn straight.   I'll drink to that Beags!
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2011, 05:43:50 PM »

Polks had good sound at 4 ohms, hadem in my deadcenter fairing on the 07 whatzit Serk
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 22 queries.