Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Need louder horn  (Read 13931 times)

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 - CVO Softail Convertible, 2012
    • CVO2: HD Custom Softail Heritage (Sold)
    • CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
Re: Need louder horn
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2013, 09:38:36 PM »

I want to get a set of those braided plug wires. Did they effect the performance in any way?   G.
Hi G,
I was asked that question a couple of times so when It went for tuning I had him check it with the stock leads and then the braided! no change! exact same results
I got mine from UScoolines and they are the high performance variant called the HP XS Chrome
Cheers,
Charlie
Better to Reign in Hell than serve in Heaven!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

CVOgaree

• Junior CVO Member
  • My 2011 CVO Softail Convertible
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2013, 11:25:42 AM »

Is your cover plastic?
Maple Metallic & Roman Gold with Burnished Copper Graphics
Vance/Hines slip-ons, 84 LED's amber, Cee Baily x4 windshield. New factory mirrors replaced by HD. LED tail lights.

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2013, 11:54:54 AM »

Is your cover plastic?
Do you mean my horn cover?
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

MrSurly

• Formidable Faux
  • Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2013, 12:53:58 PM »

Yes, I'm pretty sure he meant your horn cover. In any case *I* would like to know...is the horn cover in your pic made of plastic or metal?
How about the bits under the cover? Would you post a pic with the cover off?
Thanks.

I have had a few air horns and I really don't want another air horn.
I want a fully electric horn that sounds exactly like the tri-tone blast from a 1975 Cadillac Sedan Deville.

It may not be possible to replicate that particular tone from a single can. The horns from the Caddy are certainly available, but man they are huge and heavy.
If someone could make the same sound from a single horn that was also small, they'd have a great seller.
Rhetorical questions, who needs 'em?

2010FLHTCUSE5
Dethroned Garage Queen, Sullied 2013

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2013, 01:20:08 PM »

I have had a few air horns and I really don't want another air horn.
I want a fully electric horn that sounds exactly like the tri-tone blast from a 1975 Cadillac Sedan Deville.

It may not be possible to replicate that particular tone from a single can. The horns from the Caddy are certainly available, but man they are huge and heavy.
If someone could make the same sound from a single horn that was also small, they'd have a great seller.
Some say that anything's possible.....not sure about that tho.  har.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

CVOgaree

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2013, 03:55:25 PM »

Do you mean my horn cover?

Yes, horn cover
Vance/Hines slip-ons, 84 LED's amber, Cee Baily x4 windshield. New factory mirrors replaced by HD. LED tail lights.

Akicita

• Full CVO Member
    • SD

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2013, 05:05:37 PM »

Not sure how many decibels it puts out, but I find that an up close, personal issuance of the single-digit-international-symbol-of-ill-will seems to work for me.  :)
Na sloigh as feart san gcruinne A muirn a mire a bhfighnamh; Ni comhnairt bheith ' na bhfeagmhais: Ni h-eibhneas gan Chlainn Domhnall

CVOgaree

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2013, 06:41:58 PM »

funny!

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2013, 07:21:01 PM »

Not sure how many decibels it puts out, but I find that an up close, personal issuance of the single-digit-international-symbol-of-ill-will seems to work for me.  :)
:2vrolijk_21: like it!

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2013, 07:25:29 PM »

Yes, horn cover
I have the standard horn with a CNC machined Aluminum Merc Performance Machine Horn Cover,
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 08:37:06 PM by Charlie »

paconico1992

• Senior CVO Member
    • MN

• CVO1: 2015/16/17/18 CVO Street Glides
    • CVO2: 2010 Softtail Convertible
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2013, 10:15:21 AM »

Have you tried the horn that Honda puts on their Goldwing, Much louder then any aftermarket ones on this topic.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2013, 01:59:49 PM »

Have you tried the horn that Honda puts on their Goldwing, Much louder then any aftermarket ones on this topic.
How large is it?  I'm assuming it is 'electric'?
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

paconico1992

• Senior CVO Member
    • MN

• CVO1: 2015/16/17/18 CVO Street Glides
    • CVO2: 2010 Softtail Convertible
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2013, 01:42:27 PM »

Not much larger then what's on there and yes it's electric.

slimdude

• Junior CVO Member
  • 07 Fxstsse

• CVO1: 2007 CVO Springer
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2014, 02:15:59 PM »

I have the standard horn with a CNC machined Aluminum Merc Performance Machine Horn Cover,

Charlie,
I like your fan & horn setup. That looks really clean and sweet! Did you have to modify the horn cover to make it work with the Ward's fans? Do they work well without an oil cooler? My bike runs really lean and goes into safe mode whenever I'm in stop and go traffic on a hot summer day. Thought these fans might solve my problem.
Thanks,
Slim

OlDog

• Full CVO Member
  • The Mistress 4
    • AB

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond crimson tags. Stage one with V&H slip on ovals. Rider backrest.
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2014, 03:27:21 PM »

if you want a "true air horn" look try these. www.howardshorns.com
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 24 queries.