Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: Zillow.com  (Read 11079 times)

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
Zillow.com
« on: December 29, 2008, 01:24:33 PM »

Check this out yet?

our neighborhood may or may not be "detailed" yet.

In the right areas you can literally "fly down the street" looking in a 360 view - up down etc.

Try it.

Try this link for starters.

http://www.zillow.com/homes/map/15-Hickory-St-Metuchen-NJ-08840-_rb/

After it loads you have several view options (street aerial or hybrid) check them all.

But, if you click on the balloon box address it will take you to a street level view of the neighborhood that you can fly around in - look 360 up- down.

Interesting and a little disturbing.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

icybay

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: (2) 2004 SEEG B&B's ECoast & WCoast
    • CVO2: 2000 FLTRSEI B/O/W
Re: Zillow.com
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 01:51:08 PM »

I think the Google view is worse (more disturbing)  in my area.  Good for criminals, bad for homeowners.

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 02:58:20 PM »

WOW!

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 03:13:58 PM »

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 03:55:05 PM »

It seems that our privacy keeps getting taken away almost daily. Disturbing is putting it lightly.

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM#9.51 and a half .3
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 04:38:17 PM »

I have watched Zillow for about a year or so and never thought about the criminal element using it .Very good point
If your not liven on the edge , your taking up to much space!

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2008, 04:51:14 PM »

i don't know where they get there info but they got everything wrong on my place. They are off by 400 sq ft, they got my house payment about two time higher and their selling estimate sucks. I will say it is a little interesting on the home view and panning etc.. but like someone posted, good for criminals bad for homeowners.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2008, 05:01:29 PM »

i don't know where they get there info but they got everything wrong on my place. They are off by 400 sq ft, they got my house payment about two time higher and their selling estimate sucks. I will say it is a little interesting on the home view and panning etc.. but like someone posted, good for criminals bad for homeowners.

I agree Gordy
Looked at mine and thought, my neighbors house isn't for sale.
I clicked on it, wrong street.
Missed the square footage by a thousand and missed a bath.
The picture of mine is a year old along with many other things wrong.
Which is good as far as the thieves are concerned.

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2008, 05:21:44 PM »

Wow, I'm getting a new neighbor, complements of a developer!  Thanks for the info Duane, now I can go to the planning board and argue against it.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

dmnrdn

• Avoid the 8P's
  • Full CVO Member
    • KS
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2008, 05:30:34 PM »

I had to fight Goggle to get my house off their site.  Now it looks like another battle.

I for one am tired of this kind of crap.  Any scum bag out there can now easily case your pad.  the good thing is that if they do try anything while I am around they will be carried by 6 in the end.

I firmly believe it is always better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6 anytime.

Thanks for the info.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2008, 05:48:12 PM »

Well it should be obvious that that it would be impossible to keep millions of miles of roads up to date. In our area the pics seem to be about 1-2 years old.

Another site we play with is maps.live.com

Here you can zoom in many neighborhoods and get a 4 points view taken by plane.

http://terraserver-usa.com/
has older pics and is good to see how your neighborhood has changed.

http://www.flashearth.com/

http://preview.local.live.com/
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM#9.51 and a half .3
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2008, 08:21:14 PM »

There is a link on zillow to tell them about any improvements you have made and any other info you would like to share so your home value would increase. I wonder if the state auditor might use there info. I sure wouldn't be telling them anything.
If your not liven on the edge , your taking up to much space!

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2008, 09:47:39 PM »

I had to fight Goggle to get my house off their site.  Now it looks like another battle.

I for one am tired of this kind of crap.  Any scum bag out there can now easily case your pad.  the good thing is that if they do try anything while I am around they will be carried by 6 in the end.

I firmly believe it is always better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6 anytime.

Thanks for the info.

Let us know how and if you were successful getting your house off the list.. I want mine off for sure

Their site offers not contact info other than an address. They also show a claimer expaling they will not allow your house to be removed off the listing. I wonder if any threating law suits would change their attitude???
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 09:53:53 PM by sportygordy »

dmnrdn

• Avoid the 8P's
  • Full CVO Member
    • KS
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2008, 10:58:12 PM »

Let us know how and if you were successful getting your house off the list.. I want mine off for sure

Their site offers not contact info other than an address. They also show a claimer explain they will not allow your house to be removed off the listing. I wonder if any threating law suits would change their attitude???

Will Do.  I have a couple of e-mails into some realestate friends and have posted a question on a couple of blogs.

I do know that Goggle had a lawsuite brough against them on their Streetview site.  They did the prudent thing and now remove photo's once you notify them. It may take a while for them(Goggle) to remove your house because of database updates.

The bid thing I see on the Zillow site that people comment on is that the info is public records.  BS the Info on the home etc is public record, but I do not know of any of those kind of photo's being public record.  The pictures of my house show every window door of my house plus the gate of the fences of the surrounding property.

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2008, 11:13:43 PM »

Will Do.  I have a couple of e-mails into some realestate friends and have posted a question on a couple of blogs.

I do know that Goggle had a lawsuite brough against them on their Streetview site.  They did the prudent thing and now remove photo's once you notify them. It may take a while for them(Goggle) to remove your house because of database updates.

The bid thing I see on the Zillow site that people comment on is that the info is public records.  BS the Info on the home etc is public record, but I do not know of any of those kind of photo's being public record.  The pictures of my house show every window door of my house plus the gate of the fences of the surrounding property.

Yup, including the out buildings, doors windows and other valuable stuff in my back yard.. it does suck. Thank God i dont live in Garberville with a big garden patch, I'd have all the locals yocals banging my doors down.  :confused5:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 21 queries.