Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Author Topic: Zillow.com  (Read 11081 times)

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
Zillow.com
« on: December 29, 2008, 01:24:33 PM »

Check this out yet?

our neighborhood may or may not be "detailed" yet.

In the right areas you can literally "fly down the street" looking in a 360 view - up down etc.

Try it.

Try this link for starters.

http://www.zillow.com/homes/map/15-Hickory-St-Metuchen-NJ-08840-_rb/

After it loads you have several view options (street aerial or hybrid) check them all.

But, if you click on the balloon box address it will take you to a street level view of the neighborhood that you can fly around in - look 360 up- down.

Interesting and a little disturbing.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

icybay

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: (2) 2004 SEEG B&B's ECoast & WCoast
    • CVO2: 2000 FLTRSEI B/O/W
Re: Zillow.com
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 01:51:08 PM »

I think the Google view is worse (more disturbing)  in my area.  Good for criminals, bad for homeowners.

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 02:58:20 PM »

WOW!

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 03:13:58 PM »

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 03:55:05 PM »

It seems that our privacy keeps getting taken away almost daily. Disturbing is putting it lightly.

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM#9.51 and a half .3
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 04:38:17 PM »

I have watched Zillow for about a year or so and never thought about the criminal element using it .Very good point
If your not liven on the edge , your taking up to much space!

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2008, 04:51:14 PM »

i don't know where they get there info but they got everything wrong on my place. They are off by 400 sq ft, they got my house payment about two time higher and their selling estimate sucks. I will say it is a little interesting on the home view and panning etc.. but like someone posted, good for criminals bad for homeowners.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2008, 05:01:29 PM »

i don't know where they get there info but they got everything wrong on my place. They are off by 400 sq ft, they got my house payment about two time higher and their selling estimate sucks. I will say it is a little interesting on the home view and panning etc.. but like someone posted, good for criminals bad for homeowners.

I agree Gordy
Looked at mine and thought, my neighbors house isn't for sale.
I clicked on it, wrong street.
Missed the square footage by a thousand and missed a bath.
The picture of mine is a year old along with many other things wrong.
Which is good as far as the thieves are concerned.

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2008, 05:21:44 PM »

Wow, I'm getting a new neighbor, complements of a developer!  Thanks for the info Duane, now I can go to the planning board and argue against it.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

dmnrdn

• Avoid the 8P's
  • Full CVO Member
    • KS
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2008, 05:30:34 PM »

I had to fight Goggle to get my house off their site.  Now it looks like another battle.

I for one am tired of this kind of crap.  Any scum bag out there can now easily case your pad.  the good thing is that if they do try anything while I am around they will be carried by 6 in the end.

I firmly believe it is always better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6 anytime.

Thanks for the info.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2008, 05:48:12 PM »

Well it should be obvious that that it would be impossible to keep millions of miles of roads up to date. In our area the pics seem to be about 1-2 years old.

Another site we play with is maps.live.com

Here you can zoom in many neighborhoods and get a 4 points view taken by plane.

http://terraserver-usa.com/
has older pics and is good to see how your neighborhood has changed.

http://www.flashearth.com/

http://preview.local.live.com/

MV 2013

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM#9.51 and a half .3
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2008, 08:21:14 PM »

There is a link on zillow to tell them about any improvements you have made and any other info you would like to share so your home value would increase. I wonder if the state auditor might use there info. I sure wouldn't be telling them anything.
If your not liven on the edge , your taking up to much space!

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2008, 09:47:39 PM »

I had to fight Goggle to get my house off their site.  Now it looks like another battle.

I for one am tired of this kind of crap.  Any scum bag out there can now easily case your pad.  the good thing is that if they do try anything while I am around they will be carried by 6 in the end.

I firmly believe it is always better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6 anytime.

Thanks for the info.

Let us know how and if you were successful getting your house off the list.. I want mine off for sure

Their site offers not contact info other than an address. They also show a claimer expaling they will not allow your house to be removed off the listing. I wonder if any threating law suits would change their attitude???
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 09:53:53 PM by sportygordy »

dmnrdn

• Avoid the 8P's
  • Full CVO Member
    • KS
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2008, 10:58:12 PM »

Let us know how and if you were successful getting your house off the list.. I want mine off for sure

Their site offers not contact info other than an address. They also show a claimer explain they will not allow your house to be removed off the listing. I wonder if any threating law suits would change their attitude???

Will Do.  I have a couple of e-mails into some realestate friends and have posted a question on a couple of blogs.

I do know that Goggle had a lawsuite brough against them on their Streetview site.  They did the prudent thing and now remove photo's once you notify them. It may take a while for them(Goggle) to remove your house because of database updates.

The bid thing I see on the Zillow site that people comment on is that the info is public records.  BS the Info on the home etc is public record, but I do not know of any of those kind of photo's being public record.  The pictures of my house show every window door of my house plus the gate of the fences of the surrounding property.

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2008, 11:13:43 PM »

Will Do.  I have a couple of e-mails into some realestate friends and have posted a question on a couple of blogs.

I do know that Goggle had a lawsuite brough against them on their Streetview site.  They did the prudent thing and now remove photo's once you notify them. It may take a while for them(Goggle) to remove your house because of database updates.

The bid thing I see on the Zillow site that people comment on is that the info is public records.  BS the Info on the home etc is public record, but I do not know of any of those kind of photo's being public record.  The pictures of my house show every window door of my house plus the gate of the fences of the surrounding property.

Yup, including the out buildings, doors windows and other valuable stuff in my back yard.. it does suck. Thank God i dont live in Garberville with a big garden patch, I'd have all the locals yocals banging my doors down.  :confused5:

Admiral

• My . Ol . Lady's . A Screaming Eagle !!!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • >> SILVER BULLET <<

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2009 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • SJHR
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2008, 11:35:01 PM »

Check this out yet?

In the right areas you can literally "fly down the street" looking in a 360 view - up down etc.

Try it.

After it loads you have several view options (street aerial or hybrid) check them all.

But, if you click on the balloon box address it will take you to a street level view of the neighborhood that you can fly around in - look 360 up- down.

If you zoom in far enough you will see that these are Google images.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2008, 11:38:31 PM »

Check this out yet?

Try it.

Zillow is awesome...been using it for years.  The wife takes great pleasure in looking at the house we sold in Fredericksburg that has dropped 70k from what we sold it at.  We are in the one of the few places in the US that is up - my house has increased since Jul 07 when we moved here.  Hope it stays up a few months longer, unless I get tagged for the Afghanistan thing that is brewing, we are moving this summer still.

dmnrdn

• Avoid the 8P's
  • Full CVO Member
    • KS
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2008, 11:54:16 PM »

If you zoom in far enough you will see that these are Google images.

In some instances yes and in other no.  My old house in Texas are Google images.  My present house in Kansas are Microsoft Virtual Earth.  Google does not give you the detail Microsoft does.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 11:58:37 PM by dmnrdn »

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2008, 12:28:27 AM »

Microsoft and Goggle allow you to remove your address. I'm curious if these requests are picked up with Zillow??? :nixweiss:

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2008, 08:39:14 AM »

what happens when you remove the address? the picture is a blank or it just doesn't; search to the house number?

MV 2013

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2008, 08:45:21 AM »

My guess is that uses locally available public records and compiles them.  If you wish to avoid having it public on the internet the only way out of it is to not be a property owner.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2008, 09:06:09 AM »

what happens when you remove the address? the picture is a blank or it just doesn't; search to the house number?
its a mashup of google earth and the MLS.

If you want to change it, take ownership of the house and you can make changes.  It will ask you about loans you have/had on the house to confirm your identity.

We used it to sell our last house...  Check out 12005 Setter Drive, 22407 and you can we added pics etc to it.  That was our last house...you can see what we paid/sold it for etc.  It's all from the MLS.

Sean

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2008, 10:34:42 AM »

Did some research on Zillow last night. Appears the FTC is getting ready to shut them down, and also looks like several lawsuits are developing. The biggest issue, Zillow misrepresents property values by as much as 20%. And there are some invasion of privacy issues too. This one will be fun to watch,, and the people AGAINST Zillow have my support   :2vrolijk_21:

dmnrdn

• Avoid the 8P's
  • Full CVO Member
    • KS
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2008, 06:44:00 PM »

I will let you know the outcome of this.

I signed up for an account on Zillow and then did the Ask a Question thing and asked to have the photos of my house removed.    I received an ansere from a lady called IC that all I had to do was Claim my house and then leave a note via the original thread that i had do so.  Supposedly they will now remove the photos's  Will keep you informed.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2008, 09:21:12 PM »

Did some research on Zillow last night. Appears the FTC is getting ready to shut them down, and also looks like several lawsuits are developing. The biggest issue, Zillow misrepresents property values by as much as 20%. And there are some invasion of privacy issues too. This one will be fun to watch,, and the people AGAINST Zillow have my support   :2vrolijk_21:

Not sure how they misrepresent when they only put an estimate out - based on the average square foot price of the houses in the area that have been sold.  Its take right from the MLS.

The only folks I can see getting upset about this are folks in the industry since it gives folks the ability to judge the value of their houses.  Ours was dead on for the current house I live in, to the dollar - and that was based on a tax appraisal and an appraiser before we closed on the loan.

I also don't get the privacy issues - the MLS is public record.  I could get more with a trip to the court house.

Sean

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2008, 10:07:51 PM »

Not sure how they misrepresent when they only put an estimate out - based on the average square foot price of the houses in the area that have been sold.  Its take right from the MLS.

The only folks I can see getting upset about this are folks in the industry since it gives folks the ability to judge the value of their houses.  Ours was dead on for the current house I live in, to the dollar - and that was based on a tax appraisal and an appraiser before we closed on the loan.

I also don't get the privacy issues - the MLS is public record.  I could get more with a trip to the court house.

Sean

As I stated in earlier post, they have the square footage off on my house along with a lot of other aspects including outbuildings and massive landscaping we have done. More then likely they took information off the original floor plan originally approved by my city for my lot, which they obviously never picked up on.  Nevertheless, i know i can go to Zillow and make all the changes i want to correct this, BUT, i do not wish to register on theirs site do this, it is my business not theirs. Besides, i don't need anymore trash email sent to me on a daily basis.

I read many positive comments last night about Zillow, and 90 percent of those came from the realtor market. Personally, i do not trust realtors, I've always done just fine selling and buying without there greedy help, and believe me, i have saved many dollars as a result.  I doesn't bother me what Zillow does, but it does bother me that they don't give me a choice wheather i want my property posted or not on their site. I've been trying to contact them but no luck.

I also find it amusing that the FTC agrees with my point to the effect they are pursing to shut Zillow down, must be a lot of folks that feel the same way i do. :nixweiss:

Also, did i mention the license number in my vehicle is noticeable on one of the panorama pictures posted on Zillow?... Now i call that is invasion of privacy!!!!!!  >:(

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2008, 11:05:07 PM »

I'm amazed at the number of places I've typed in that aren't in the database.

I tried 1/2 dozen addresses for friends and family in Maine and came up empty.

B B

Sean M Cary

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2008, 11:05:21 PM »

Also, did i mention the license number in my vehicle is noticeable on one of the panorama pictures posted on Zillow?... Now i call that is invasion of privacy!!!!!!  >:(

that's google earth - not zillow gathering that information...  Zillow just does a mashup of current sources, none of it is their own creation.

I like it, I move a lot and it gives me another form of data to assist in my frequent moves.

I would hate to see it go away.

Sean

dmnrdn

• Avoid the 8P's
  • Full CVO Member
    • KS
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2008, 11:48:48 PM »

Well Zillow proved what a bunch of scum buckets they are.  Ice said she would remove the photos's then some other person said no because it is public records.  My response was hiding behind the old "it is public record" phrase is a cop for being responsible.

I am sure they will be hit with class action just like Google and others have been over this kind of BS.

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2008, 10:46:42 AM »

that's google earth - not zillow gathering that information...  Zillow just does a mashup of current sources, none of it is their own creation.

I like it, I move a lot and it gives me another form of data to assist in my frequent moves.

I would hate to see it go away.

Sean

Don't think we can point the finger on Goggle Earth on this one.. I went to Goggle Earth and keyed in my address. The best i can get is a very fuzzy overhead view om my property. The panoramic views cant be found anywhere. Also got the same results on Microsoft's Virtual Earth, so I'm pointing all fingers at Zillow   >:(

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2008, 11:20:54 AM »

Don't think we can point the finger on Goggle Earth on this one.. I went to Goggle Earth and keyed in my address. The best i can get is a very fuzzy overhead view om my property. The panoramic views cant be found anywhere. Also got the same results on Microsoft's Virtual Earth, so I'm pointing all fingers at Zillow   >:(

Try this one...  http://maps.live.com/

It's from Microsoft.  If you have a "Birds Eye View" option for your address you can just about look right into your windows.  If you click the zoom and then the rotate areas you get views from all 4 sides of your house.  My motorcycle is in the driveway at my house.

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2008, 11:59:07 AM »

Try this one...  http://maps.live.com/

It's from Microsoft.  If you have a "Birds Eye View" option for your address you can just about look right into your windows.  If you click the zoom and then the rotate areas you get views from all 4 sides of your house.  My motorcycle is in the driveway at my house.

Holly Cow, "Birds Eye View" shows me fishing in the creek across the street from my house... However, it's a one angle overhead view. No close up panoramic shots like Zillow and no information about my property that is way off base. Microsoft Birds Eye View is the clearest overhead shots I've seen.. WOW....

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2008, 12:44:31 PM »

Wow, I can see my home as it is right now today.  Amazing.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2008, 12:51:36 PM »

look at the information in Zillow - it says Google Earth or Microsoft in the corner (attached)

They are not doing anything but a mashup - there are tons that use the GIS information in google earth and other services, just need to put the code in the right order.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2008, 05:06:25 PM »

I guess it all depends on what you have at stake and who you are.

Surprisingly, this address doesn't show up on Zillow with detailed info, 722 Navesink River Rd, Middletown, NJ
http://www.zillow.com/homes/map/722-Navesink-River-Rd,-Rumson,-NJ-07760_rb/

But it does show up on maps live.
http://maps.live.com/#JnE9eXAuNzIyK05hdmVzaW5rK1JpdmVyK1JkJTJjK1J1bXNvbiUyYytOSiswNzc2MCU3ZXNzdC4wJTdlcGcuMSZiYj00MC4zODA0MTcwMTg3MjY3JTdlLTc0LjAyOTQwODM4NDkxOTIlN2U0MC4zNzg5MTY0Njk0NjI3JTdlLTc0LjAzNDUwMTUyMjU0MjM=

Zoom out and scroll around this neighborhood (about 15 miles from me and a frequent bike ride)

There are a few names that have and still live on this street that you might recognize.
Richie Sambora, Geraldo Rivera, Jon Bon Jovi (the above address #722) John A. Mulheren (deceased) Bobby Ojeda, Queen Latiffa, Whitney Houston etc along with a slew of wealth wall streeters.

MV 2013

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2008, 06:23:22 PM »

Wow, I can see my home as it is right now today.  Amazing.

No chit Candy. The street level shot of my house shows my Ranger in the driveway and the garage door up.

B B

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2008, 06:34:26 PM »

No chit Candy. The street level shot of my house shows my Ranger in the driveway and the garage door up.

B B

Guess I got lucky, BB.  It can't find my house or even the mountain that it's sitting on ....  :2vrolijk_21:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2008, 06:36:00 PM »

Guess I got lucky, BB.  It can't find my house or even the mountain that it's sitting on ....  :2vrolijk_21:

Well d'uh.  The house burned down! 

Can't image what's not there...  :nixweiss:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2008, 06:50:49 PM »

Well d'uh.  The house burned down! 

Can't image what's not there...  :nixweiss:
Oh, you just full of yourself tonight. :devil:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2008, 07:02:55 PM »

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Not so much.  Went just a little bit ago.  Thanks for caring.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2008, 07:10:07 PM »

Not so much.  Went just a little bit ago.  Thanks for caring.
All I can say is you just wasted a "sit" cause you still full of it. :P ::) :D ;D :D ;D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2008, 07:11:41 PM »

All I can say is you just wasted a "sit" cause you still full of it. :P ::) :D ;D :D ;D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

No Gary. Man, you're confusin inspiration and constipation again.  One plugs up your head and on... well, never mind. 

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2008, 07:15:34 PM »

No Gary. Man, you're confusin inspiration and constipation again.  One plugs up your head and on... well, never mind. 
Ok, maybe you'll understand this.... replace "BS" with "TLR"..... :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2008, 07:18:25 PM »

Ok, maybe you'll understand this.... replace "BS" with "TLR"..... :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

It looks like an itty bitchy windshield wiper.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2008, 07:18:51 PM »

:oops:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2008, 07:21:38 PM »

It looks like an itty bitchy windshield wiper.
Remember that comment.... :oops: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2009, 12:06:10 PM »

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

I sittin here scratchin my head wondering if I should say this

Oh hell, it's me, there's not much bad I ain't been called already

Gary
      Your post I've quoted above is clearly a case of the pot calling the kettle black

B B

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2009, 12:12:14 PM »

I sittin here scratchin my head wondering if I should say this

Oh hell, it's me, there's not much bad I ain't been called already

Gary
      Your post I've quoted above is clearly a case of the pot calling the kettle black

B B
Then you understood it. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

1Joker

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2009, 12:46:52 PM »

Hey wait a minute, that's not my truck in the driveway? :o
Salmon, the other pink meat!

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2009, 11:39:34 PM »

When I was in the mortgage biz, I used zillow and abc's of real estate (similar sites) and there are others also.  As far as the homes go, in some cases the value and the data are almost correct, but in others they are not even close.  I used it as a way to determine if the value of a client's home was possible, given the location.  I know, in my case, zillow matches up pretty closely with county records.  As you all probably know, the county does not come into your home when they appraise properties.  They take their best guess from the outside, as to what is inside.  They guessed at mine to be 3 bdrm and 1 bath.  I actually have 3 bdrm, 2 full bath, and 2 half baths.  They have my entire neighborhood incorrect, and obviously had the same appraiser that did the entire neighborhood.  These sites have very little value as far as giving an accurate idea of what your home's size, or number of rooms, or value is.  The only accuracies on these sites are the values of the homes that sold closeby, however most of the data they use is outdated, thus even those prices, although at one time correct, no longer are accurate either.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Page created in 0.272 seconds with 20 queries.