Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: XM Radio.... got to vent a little...  (Read 897 times)

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
XM Radio.... got to vent a little...
« on: September 15, 2009, 08:44:41 PM »

Okay. Not sure how long this will be. I'll try and keep it short. I recently traded my SECUSE4 and no longer needed the XM radio. I called to cancel and the rep asked if I would be interested in a portable unit I could take and use anywhere. I said, sure what do you have in mind? She told me she would send me a unit I could use at home or in the car....absolutely free. No charge for the unit, no charge for the shipping, no charge for the activation. I asked about the antennae, was the cord long enough I could put it on top of my patio roof? "Oh yes, you'll love it!" Okay. I have 2 (one in each vehicle) so this will be cool. It's prepaid thru February next year anyway. Lets do it.

I get the unit today. No shipping charges, no cost for the unit, and no activation fee. Cool!.....Wait a minute. It only has a 12 volt car charger. No good for the patio. I call and ask about this. Well, I need to buy a home docking system. "Why?" I ask, "I was told I could use this at home or in the car at no charge?"

I'll skip to the point: After 2 hours (yes I'm stupid I guess) on the phone with them, they offered the home system at 1/2 price. "Won't do." I said. "I was told by your rep I could use this at home and there was ABSOLUTELY no charge. They even asked to record the call. "Could you pull up the recording??" No. "We apologize for that, but you will need to pay for a home docking system at 1/2 price." (Normal price is $50 so we are talking $25 bucks). I said "No". I'll just cancel my services (3 units). Okay. I ask "How long have I been a loyal customer?" "Let me look." they say...."since 2003." "Okay, so I am paid thru Feb 2010 on 3 units and all I want is what your rep told me which is to be able to use this at my home and it will cost you the other 1/2 ($25) to keep me as a client." "We can't do that." Then I said "How much of a refund will I get when I cancel?" "$148.20." "Okay, credit my card for that and cancel my account." "Okay." Done.

Unbelievable.

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
Re: XM Radio.... got to vent a little...
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 08:47:46 PM »

so glad i did not subscribe! came close ,but kept seeing all this negative feedback so i passed!

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 08:52:02 PM »

When I tried to cancel a unit that had 6 months left they told me they would keep it active in case I change my mind. I asked--why keep it active if I am getting rid of the unit--the response was  "in case you change your mind and get another radio"!!! I then told them to just refund my remaining money--they will say and do anything not to give you your money back!!!

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 08:52:09 PM »

Hmmmm, they getting quite the reputation - A very special "XM" experience today!.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 09:02:12 PM »

Hmmmm, they getting quite the reputation - A very special "XM" experience today!.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Wow!! Soory d00d, I didn't see that. Now I am wondering (betting) whether this will really be canceled or not??? I will call my HD Visa Card people.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 09:05:49 PM »

Wow!! Soory d00d, I didn't see that. Now I am wondering (betting) whether this will really be canceled or not??? I will call my HD Visa Card people.
No harm... just pointing out that it seems to be a trend w/them and wanted everyone to know this isn't an isolated incident.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 09:17:13 PM »

No harm... just pointing out that it seems to be a trend w/them and wanted everyone to know this isn't an isolated incident.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Yeah, I was like Howie (the "Bagger wanna be") and some others. Loved it till some of my stations started playing commercials but still thought, "eh, no biggie." Then this. Couldn't believe they would give my $150 back when all it would have taken was $25 to save me.

Just so everyone knows, there is going to be some fee hikes for artists royaltys or something like that coming up if you prepaid (like I did). About $20 a quarter for 3 units. I told them I would be happy to pay them, just give me what you told me. No dice.

I feel liberated for some reason! Maybe I'll cancel my cable next!  :P

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2009, 09:59:01 PM »

I to had a bad experience with them it seems customer service went out the window when they merged with serius. I was happy for many years and when I tried to cancel got hung up on twice and more. Anyway I bought an I-pod and started loading and buying music from I-Tunes with the money I would have paid for the service and much happier. I feel your pain Rob-May but there is always another way to go.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2009, 10:20:40 PM »

My problems with them happened before they merged...

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2009, 10:32:45 AM »

I to had a bad experience with them it seems customer service went out the window when they merged with serius. I was happy for many years and when I tried to cancel got hung up on twice and more. Anyway I bought an I-pod and started loading and buying music from I-Tunes with the money I would have paid for the service and much happier. I feel your pain Rob-May but there is always another way to go.

What a great idea. I have an I-Tunes account and DL from there every now and then. Never thought about using the money from XM for that. I can load them right into my Zumo!

The price on the service is actually going up $30 per quarter (not $20). $35 per month for me would be like 2 CD's of the music I WANT to listen to every month!  :cucumber:

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2009, 10:38:14 AM »

And for some reason the sound comes over louder than the xm which is great. And the dl music is yours forever. :2vrolijk_21: Also I can hook up Pandora Radio from my I-phone which is free with no comercials. I don't need no stinkin XM.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2009, 10:42:42 AM »

XM= poo poo heads.. >:(

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2009, 10:46:45 AM »

I would have done the same thing Rob...........To hell with them.

These people need to realize in this economy we are the customers and need to feel that way or we go somewhere else or cancel all together.

Give it time these companies will figure it out.
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.

strangebird

• Growing older but not up!

• CVO1: 2005 Cherry SEEG
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2009, 10:48:55 AM »

I cancelled a radio as the vehicle was sold. I also have XM weather and wanted to keep that for the plane, one day two months later I realize that they are still charging my credt card the $6.99/mo for the unit that I cancelled. I called and all I got was a run around. I made them change the billing to an invoice that they mail you, it does cost you a few buck more but at least they no longer have my credit card. The moral is,if you give them a credit card  and have multiple units make sure they aren't over charging you for ones you no longer have.

They are hard up, auto sales way down so fewer customers and once the free trial periods on new cars are over many owners do not continue the service.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2009, 06:30:06 PM »

I cancelled a radio as the vehicle was sold. I also have XM weather and wanted to keep that for the plane, one day two months later I realize that they are still charging my credt card the $6.99/mo for the unit that I cancelled. I called and all I got was a run around. I made them change the billing to an invoice that they mail you, it does cost you a few buck more but at least they no longer have my credit card. The moral is,if you give them a credit card  and have multiple units make sure they aren't over charging you for ones you no longer have.

They are hard up, auto sales way down so fewer customers and once the free trial periods on new cars are over many owners do not continue the service.

Yeah, you'd think they would want to retain their customers rather than let them go and have to refund a prepaid account. Hell, all I wanted was what was promised to me in the first place. I made REAL CERTAIN the lady I spoke with understood that I wanted to use it on my back patio and that if it cost me $1 I was not interested in it. Of course, my XM is still playing today...... ??? Better call my credit card company.

Page created in 0.206 seconds with 21 queries.