Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Big Texas Steak Ranch  (Read 1026 times)

Ultra2010

Big Texas Steak Ranch
« on: March 30, 2010, 11:49:15 PM »

Saw a Steak house on the cooking channel last night, located in Amarillo Texas.   Called Big Texas Steak Ranch (?), anyone been there?  I made a little adjustment to my road trip for this summer and want to swing by for dinner, pending good reviews form some fellow riders.  Don't want the 72 oz one.........

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Big Texas Steak Ranch
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 11:56:27 PM »

That would be the Big Texan.  It's been there (relative to me) forever.  Have been there many times.  Can remember stopping there on cross country road trip vacations when I had to be four or five and on vacation trips thereafter.  I still hit it occasionally when going through the area.  Food definitely does not suck.  Place is fun.  Brings back good memories too.

I've seen the 72 ounce steak.  Always too cowardly to attempt to tackle it though.

http://www.bigtexan.com/

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 08:04:41 AM »

Used to eat there regularly when I traveled the area more as well as on the annual ski trip driving through.

Good place - good food - great atmosphere.  Always had a great time while there.  They have buffalo on the menu, too.

If you eat the 72 oz. steak and live, let us know.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 08:07:30 AM »

Put the Big Texan on your "to do" list, Ultra.  Guess I've only eaten there a couple of hundred times.  If it works, try to make it a lunch stop during the week.  Great exposure and entertainment with a combination of cowboys and oil field roughnecks who can really eat.  With Amarillo being the feed lot capitol of the world there is no better beef available. (I may be a little slanted having worked in the families feed lots as a kid.)

Not the prettiest country you'll see, but a look at the real Texas before they invented Dallas.  ::)  For extra special service remember to mention to the locals that "life's too short to ever go to Big D".  

Ultra2010

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 11:34:12 AM »

Didn't take much pushing:   I'm going!  A few good reviews and no negative ones puts me on the road to Amarillo. 

I use to live in Del Rio Tx and have traveled around by bike a lot.  Have not been back since 83.  Looking forward to it, late July or early Aug.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 03:09:46 PM »

If you want a side trip that is well worth the scenery, consider heading to Palo Duro Canyon.  Not too far from Amarillo.

I love that country, the high plains & the Hill Country/mtns are the best parts of Texas. 

Have fun!
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

BAKRDS

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 03:14:52 PM »

Chopped steak for lunch is the best ! Make a point of hitting it at meal time on our way to Vegas.
'10 SESG
 '65 FLH

johnnymap

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE5

• CVO1: 2010 Burnt Amber/Citrus
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG Two Tone Red
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG BWO
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2010, 04:13:46 PM »

Just west of Amarillo, is a little town called Adrian.  It is the midpoint on Rout 66.  And on the way is the famous Cadillac Ranch.  Where that carzy rich Texas buried his Cadillacs nose down in the ground.  It is on the south side of the highway.

It's really hot out there in July and August.  Went to Palo Duro canyon and saw the show.  The dinner was very good and the show was entertaining.  Lot of local talent.  It is just outside of Canyon, TX.  Well worth the time.
"The past is a place to be remembered, but not a place to dwell"

AZ SESG

• '17 SESG Sunburst Orange/Starfire Black -- '02 SERK Candy/Brandywine *Gone but not forgotten*
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Formerly AZ SERK

• CVO1: '02 FLHRSEI / Sold
    • CVO2: '17 FLHXSE
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2010, 12:46:18 AM »

Friday, April 23rd, on the way to OKC, I will be stopping by The Big Texan for a little dinner!   :2vrolijk_21:
Life is: Choices. Choose wisely.
"Ability + Commitment - Doubt = Reality"
IBA #42159

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 22 queries.