Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: touring seat.  (Read 8485 times)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
Re: touring seat.
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2008, 10:28:28 AM »

Just returned from a long weekend of riding. We left  RI Friday am and returned sunday pm. Rode Thur the lakes region of NH perfect weather. I must agree with my wife the seat on my SERK after approx 3 hrs. is extremely uncomfortable. I hope spending $550 for a Corbin puts this issue to rest.

My old corbin was the nuts...The new one (2 piece, solo with pillion) is comfy but has some quality issues(apperance). 
To the positive, they had no problem giving a ra# to send it back...After CHL however.

Miker

kb

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 serk twilight/cobalt blue
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2008, 10:46:42 AM »

Now you sound like a true Bostonian using the term "THE NUTS"  KB
kb

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2008, 11:30:04 AM »

Wikit pissa! 

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2008, 02:37:04 PM »

I define firm as a Corbin seat, which to me means you have to break the seat in. The LePera seat is dense foam with no break in period. The bucket for the rider is deep and supportive. The LePera Maverick which is on my bike my not be the seat for anyone over 6 feet tall. The bucket is actually shorter than the stock seat riders area, however, the passenger area is much larger and longer.
Ok now I have a few questions. Can they make the seat so the Harley RIDER backrest will work, can they make it heated, and what to do about me at 6'3" and 260lbs????

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2008, 02:41:34 PM »

No, you need thier backrest, make sure they know about it, my pillion does not have the a backrest slot, but I usally have the tour pack on with a rider.

Yes you can get heat.  Give them your inseam and weight when ordering and they will give it a shot...
You can send it back to  be adjusted if the miss a little...Stay away from the small gator print, it sucks..

FLTRCVO

• Senior CVO Member
  • pnw_cvfltrse_dom_c38_sws_w1024
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2008, 12:36:19 PM »

Ok now I have a few questions. Can they make the seat so the Harley RIDER backrest will work, can they make it heated, and what to do about me at 6'3" and 260lbs????

I'm unclear on if the question is pertaining to LePera or Corbin.
My friend who is 6'4" rode my 07 FLHRSE ordered the LePera Maverick. The Harley Passenger Backrest works with the LePera, however, you may desire to opt for the medium sissybar / pad bracket (stock is short version). The original 07 FLHRSE sissybar pad bottom lines up with the top of the Maverick seating area, thus, a vert short pad.

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2008, 11:46:23 AM »

I'm unclear on if the question is pertaining to LePera or Corbin.
My friend who is 6'4" rode my 07 FLHRSE ordered the LePera Maverick. The Harley Passenger Backrest works with the LePera, however, you may desire to opt for the medium sissybar / pad bracket (stock is short version). The original 07 FLHRSE sissybar pad bottom lines up with the top of the Maverick seating area, thus, a vert short pad.
Sorry the question was about the LePera. Thats really cool color as my bike is blue as well. I've already changed the seat once and added the larger sissy bar and pad and quick change leather tour pak. But I really like the riders back rest, and would like a heat option possibility. Current seat ='s butt sleep! :orange:

FLTRCVO

• Senior CVO Member
  • pnw_cvfltrse_dom_c38_sws_w1024
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2008, 11:26:04 AM »

Sorry the question was about the LePera. Thats really cool color as my bike is blue as well. I've already changed the seat once and added the larger sissy bar and pad and quick change leather tour pak. But I really like the riders back rest, and would like a heat option possibility. Current seat ='s butt sleep! :orange:
Do not know if LaPera offers heated seats

kb

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2008, 05:09:44 PM »

How many settings are there with heat? KB :pepper:
kb

kb

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2008, 09:13:53 PM »

I received my Corbin seat today.I am somewhat disappointed in the appearance of it,for some reason I thought it would be much sleeker than it is.IMO the stock seat looks far better. Sure hope it rides better than stock. Also found out the stock passanger backrest is not compatable so it looks like I need to cough up another couple hundred.KB >:( >:( :-\
kb

kb

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2008, 08:55:06 PM »

Just returned from trying out my new Corbin seat. It seems to be comfortable and the heat will be nice in New England weather.I did find on the 08 seat can be adjusted by two screws on the rear mount. This allowed me close the gap between the tank and seat completely. Can't find my camera to post pics.So far I'm happy with Corbin. KB
kb

kb

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2008, 08:26:27 PM »

:cucumber: :cucumber: :Just returned from 8 days of riding in New York State and PA. My SERK ran and handled like a dream.The Corbin seat was hard for the first few days but seemed to mold to me after time. Weather was beautiful for 6 of the 8 days. Now back to the old grind tomorrow.KB :apple:
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 09:07:23 AM by kb »
kb

rheiner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 120r motor Black Diamond/Crimson Tag Graphics
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Riptide Blue/Titanium Dust
« Reply #57 on: July 07, 2008, 11:31:02 PM »

If you don't want to spend the big money but want a very comfortable seat that works with the HD backrest, get the Sundowner by HD. It's about $299 list price. I am very happy with my Sundowner saddle.

kb

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2008, 03:22:44 PM »

Now that the temp. has ben in the 90's since i recived my heated Corbin. I think it's time for Corbin to add AC to it .
kb

Sean M Cary

« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2008, 05:33:29 PM »

Now that the temp. has ben in the 90's since i recived my heated Corbin. I think it's time for Corbin to add AC to it .

that way you could ride and decrease your sperm count... :'(
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.241 seconds with 22 queries.