Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bolt in CAM Recommendations  (Read 762 times)

pweber6

Bolt in CAM Recommendations
« on: January 30, 2011, 02:48:27 PM »

Seems like I have the same valve train noise as other for my 2011 FLHXSE2 with the stock SE255/lifters.   Has anybody changed the CAM/lifters out with a bolt-in CAM and eliiminated the "marbles"?  Any info on upgraded set-up/parts/dyno would be appreciated.

DOC.COFFIN

• Senior CVO Member
  • Transplanted from San Diego To Napoli

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 CVO DARK SLATE / BLACK DIAMOND
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 CVO BLACK DIAMOND & CRIMSON
    • CVO3: 2008 FLHR VIVID BLACK
Re: Bolt in CAM Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 03:30:40 PM »

Honestly, I thought the same thing about mine...it even stalled on several occasions (and no, it was operator error...lol). However, all that went away with SERT, stage 1 mods, and some great Dyno pulls.
"War is an ugly, messy, bloody business. No one welcomes the task of waging it. And yet the task is ours. Neither pity us nor praise us. Stand by us." ~Admiral Mike Mullen, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff

pweber6

Re: Bolt in CAM Recommendations
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 04:31:28 PM »

Honestly, I thought the same thing about mine...it even stalled on several occasions (and no, it was operator error...lol). However, all that went away with SERT, stage 1 mods, and some great Dyno pulls.

I've had it stall also, without operator error.    I was thinking the same think on the tuning.   The noise is at the 2,200 - 2,800 RPM flat spot which a good tuning can get rid of that.  Nice to know that it may also get rid of the noise. I only have 500 miles on my bike so I was planning on a tune at 1,000 miles.  I may try earlier now.

Page created in 0.328 seconds with 21 queries.